Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-18-2010, 03:33 PM

Default Can't highlight

Hi, has anybody ever experienced this problem? I highlight an area with the selector tool (or multi tool - doesn't matter how long or short of an area or region - and as I'm highlighting, I can see the region get dark like normal. But then, when I let go of the mouse, the highlight disappears! (Not the audio or midi that I'm trying to select, that stays fine. Just the dark highlight disappears. It just literally unhighlights after I let go of the mouse!) And then maybe after the 4th or 5th try, it finally works (the chosen area remains highlighted).

Also happens when I try using the grabber tool. The region just blinks black for a nanosecond and then unhighlights. Very weird.

It seems to be very random when this problem happens. Things will be working normally for weeks, and then for a couple days in a row, it will give me this headache. Any ideas as to what causes this? Could this be a Mac issue or a Pro Tools issue? When this happens, the mouse seems to work fine in other applications, so I'm leaning toward it being PT.

P.S. While I'm at it, on a related note, here's another little annoyance that occurs quite a bit. A lot of the time when I try to select a section of midi notes with the selector tool, the very first note (snapped to the grid) in the selection won't highlight for some reason. I have to start the selection one grid line before the spot I really wanted if I want to make sure it gets included in the selection. This also seems to be somewhat random. Sometimes the first note does get selected, sometimes not. At first I thought it might have something to do with notes that I pencil in work fine or something, but not the case. Just kinda random.

Any help would be appreciated.
1 G-Drive Pro 4 TB
2 G-Drive 6 TB
ProTools 2021.3.1
Melodyne 5
Soundtoys Bundle 5.3.2
Omnisphere 2.6.2
Massey L2007
Superior Drummer 2.3.2
Komplete 13 Ultimate
Old 01-18-2010, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Can't highlight

The note problem has been around for a long time. I've been asking about this since we got midi editing in pro tools v5
(2) UA Apollo 8 Quad
(1) UA Apollo 16 Quad
Old 01-19-2010, 02:15 PM

OK, good to know I'm not the only one for that one, at least. Any takers for the other question? It really is a pain in the a** and I can't get anything done when I can't select anything consistently. It takes about 10 times longer than it should to do just the simplest of tasks.
1 G-Drive Pro 4 TB
2 G-Drive 6 TB
ProTools 2021.3.1
Melodyne 5
Soundtoys Bundle 5.3.2
Omnisphere 2.6.2
Massey L2007
Superior Drummer 2.3.2
Komplete 13 Ultimate
Old 06-02-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanegrla View Post
P.S. While I'm at it, on a related note, here's another little annoyance that occurs quite a bit. A lot of the time when I try to select a section of midi notes with the selector tool, the very first note (snapped to the grid) in the selection won't highlight for some reason. I have to start the selection one grid line before the spot I really wanted if I want to make sure it gets included in the selection. This also seems to be somewhat random. Sometimes the first note does get selected, sometimes not. At first I thought it might have something to do with notes that I pencil in work fine or something, but not the case. Just kinda random.
i get the same issue. ANYONE out there that knows how to fix this, please help.

thx,
s
Old 06-02-2010, 08:52 PM

a pic of what it is:

http://imgur.com/HfDE8.jpg