Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2014, 11:22 PM

Default Fast Track Ultra on Windows 8 x64

Am having troubles with my Fast Track Ultra on Windows 8 (x64). The device worked fine on my previous PC (Windows 7). On my new PC the device registers perfectly, however if I play something such as a song after some time between 5 and 30 seconds the music sounds all crackled and sometimes mutes. A lot of artifacts / static / crackles can be heared and mixes in with the music. I have the latest drivers installed and have tried every single USB port on my PC. I have even installed two separate USB headers just to be sure the USB port would not be the problem. Also I have been fiddling with the buffer size to no avail.

Any ideas on how to fix this? It renders my Fast Track Ultra unusable.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Fast Track Ultra on Windows 8 x64

Hi and welcome to the community

Here are a few threads you can look at where some members have had this same issues and solved them with various solutions

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...st+track+ultra

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...st+track+ultra

http://duc.avid.com/search.php?searchid=7166398

Hope you get that fixed asap

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-04-2014, 06:26 AM

Another user has posted a possible workaround for this problem: http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=103

Might be worth trying.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 04-05-2014, 10:36 AM

Thanks guys, I reverted to driver 6.0.2. and that fixed the problem. Although it is a Windows 7 drivers it works perfectly.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:08 AM

Thanks to all for previous post regarding this problem!! For me, my Fast Track Ultra was working flawlessly with both streaming audio from Windows, as well as with playing and recording instruments through it.

When I upgraded to Windows 8.1, I installed the 6.1.9 release from the Avid site. Then I had audio glitching, plus complete sound muting. The only work around I had found so was switching from the Fast Track Ultra playback device in the Windows volume mixer to either my internal sound card and back again. Even then, the problem muting would started again randomly, but most often after approx. 5min. Really annoying!!

Thanks to mcrooney's suggestion had I tried "backgrading" to 6.0.2. It is much better. I was brave to then try 6.0.8, and actually find on my computer it audio is even more glitch free. Thanks so much!!