Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2009, 12:55 AM

Default Re: unable to locate M-Audio hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turne

do you have the lastest cs updates?

i had the same problem with a profire 26262 but a cs update worked for me.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:54 PM

Default Re: unable to locate M-Audio hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turne

well, I downloaded all the updates and still nothin. I do think I have hot plugged before, and since I only have one firewire port on my computer, does that mean I have to either get a new port installed, or a new interface all together?
Old 05-12-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joskraus View Post
well, I downloaded all the updates and still nothin. I do think I have hot plugged before, and since I only have one firewire port on my computer, does that mean I have to either get a new port installed, or a new interface all together?
My knowledge on this subject is limited but from what I understand it could damage either the port on your m audio unit, or the port on your computer, or both. Just because you have hot plugged doesn't mean you damaged anything, it just means it's possible. I'd get it checked out. In the event that one or both ports are damaged it should be as simple as replacing the port(s), not the whole unit(s). Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

Mac Pro 2008 (Harpertown) -- OS X 10.8.2 -- 16GB RAM -- WD Black Drives -- UA Apollo Quad -- Pro Tools 10 w/ CPTK
Old 05-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by joskraus View Post
Is there any way you can test your M-Audio interface on another computer, to determine if it's the interface itself that's not recognized, or if it's your computer that's having problems?