Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2004, 06:31 PM

Default PT 6.4.1 Markers BUG

Neat,

I've found another odd bug. I'm using markers as I'm spotting my sessions so that I can come back later and lay the effect. If I option click to delete the marker it goes away, if I make a highlighted selection on the marker track it'll always delete the selected one and the next one plus randomly up to about the next 7.

Hmmm (just went off to check another session), I originally copied and pasted the marker track because the pix start time was wrong, so I've moved all the markers down 1 minute. It appears this might've upset the marker track. The other session I selected didn't have the same issue (where I hadn't needed to copy/paste the marker track)

Is this an (un)known fault with copying/pasting a marker track? Or is it an issue unique to PT 6.4.1.

Using G4 Dual 1Ghz, 1 Gig of Ram, MIX Farm, d24, DSP Farm. OS X.3.4
Old 09-16-2004, 08:13 PM

Default Re: PT 6.4.1 Markers BUG

You should be able to cut and paste in the markers track, I do it all the time in 6.1.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:52 PM

I can do it alright, it was more that doing it has brought out this bug where deleting a marker after the fact will randomly delete others.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:34 AM

If I'm talking about the same thing you are, then this is a bug I've dealt with since PT 5 (I'm not sure it's a "logged/known" bug though):

Lemme see if I can remeber the routine... If I copy or cut a selection of markers and paste them further down the timeline... I can't copy/cut another section from the newly pasted markers and paste them ahead (or, in front of) this first paste. A lot of the markers will disappear.

I run into this when conforming reels for film, where I want to cut all the reels and markers after reel 1 and paste them far down the timeline, just to get them out of the way. Then when I cut and paste reel 2 back towards the head of the session where it belongs, markers disappear.

The workaround was to always make sure the markers are always being pasted *down* the timeline... never backwards. This sounds a lot more complicated than I wanted it to. Hope it's at least relevant to your problem, and I have to admit... it's been a while so it may be the exact opposite of what I described! Either way, try it and you'll know immediately.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:34 AM

Umm, I'm just trying to think - I think I pasted down the session in this instance, lets see - the first picture was at 01:00:00:00 and the next play out was at 01:01:00:00. So yeah, I went down the session.

When I first started my post I thought that PT6.4.1 was messing with me again! But I think it might just be that I'd copied/pasted the marker ruler.

Flaky all the same! Thanks for your response, I do remember seeing this before too, so I gave up using markers on my conform sessions (everything was out of whack fairly quickly when conforming temp reels anyhow)