Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 06:42 AM

Default Peak --> Jam procedures

Peak and Jam appear to be the only immediate Red Book CD burning options for the Mac in OSX.
To Peak/Jam users...
What is the (your) procedure you must go through to setup your playlist, apply DSP, ISRC codes between the two programs?
Old 01-26-2005, 07:25 AM

Default Re: Peak --> Jam procedures

i don't know that i am a power user of either. being a power user of PT, i have found that these are quite useful applications. so here is what i do -- which is by no means taking advantage of all things that these prgrams can do and other will chime in with their great tips and procedures. i mix and do dithering in PT to create a master or submaster. then, i sometime use peak to convert or batch convert (it is great for that). but i found it playlists un-intuitive to the way i work. so, i open jam and assemlbe my playlist. then it is in jam that i do crossfades and set times between tracks, and on rare occaisions, adjust levels. sometimes, i will pop the file open in PEAK using the "open with peak" function, process the file and close.

i find peak useful for interleaved stereo file editing and mastering (and for the plug-ins that i can't get to work in PT, like siund hack.)

at least in my world, i don't need these programs for more than that...but i do uise them,. though, wait a second, i had a big problem with ROXIO on my G5, so i bought Dragon Burn. that works much better on my G5, i can still get CDDB info, but i can't crossfade.
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash
Old 01-26-2005, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Peak --> Jam procedures

Thanks Minister.

I understand that Peak actually allows (besides editing) the ability to create a playlist and apply DSP either as an insert or through the Vbox. Aleady have questions. You can then nudge regions and do crossfades and somehow port ot over to Jam to do the ISRC codes etc. I'm just not sure how this is accomplished. As a Waveburner user this seems a little clunky to me. Therefore, I'm hoping a few experienced users can shed some light on the procedure.