Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2013, 10:38 AM

Default jog wheel precision in logic

There was a bug introduced as of 2.7 where the jog wheel in logic only moved in 1-bar increments. This is nowhere near precise enough, in 2.6.2 it was possible to get much finer control as long as the arrange window was in the foreground. It's still the same way in Eucon 3.0.

Can someone from Avid please acknowledge this bug and get it fixed for the next release?

thank you.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:40 AM

Default Re: jog wheel precision in logic

Is this logic issue too minor to warrant attention at this time based on what seems to be a still vast amount of pro-tools problems?

I hope it gets picked up and addressed, there seems to be no way to contact support directly now without paying.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:06 PM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
There was a bug introduced as of 2.7 where the jog wheel in logic only moved in 1-bar increments. This is nowhere near precise enough, in 2.6.2 it was possible to get much finer control as long as the arrange window was in the foreground. It's still the same way in Eucon 3.0.

Can someone from Avid please acknowledge this bug and get it fixed for the next release?

thank you.
1- It's always been like that and they don't seem interested to fix it.
2- I posted a workaround I found over a year ago: You can set up a shortcut for move foward 1 frame and back 1 fram in logic and then create a wheel command in Eucontrol using these shortcut. This will make it possible to move the cursor very smoothly.

The ring around the wheel (scrub?) however is totally unreliable and there is no way to use that with Logic.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xill View Post
1- It's always been like that and they don't seem interested to fix it.
2- I posted a workaround I found over a year ago: You can set up a shortcut for move foward 1 frame and back 1 fram in logic and then create a wheel command in Eucontrol using these shortcut. This will make it possible to move the cursor very smoothly.

The ring around the wheel (scrub?) however is totally unreliable and there is no way to use that with Logic.
No, it isn't, actually. This behavior is new as of 2.7. In 2.62 and before, you can get 1 beat precision as long as the arrange window is active in the foreground.

The workaround you posted to move 1 frame at a time unfortunately doesn't account for acceleration of the wheel.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
No, it isn't, actually. This behavior is new as of 2.7. In 2.62 and before, you can get 1 beat precision as long as the arrange window is active in the foreground.

The workaround you posted to move 1 frame at a time unfortunately doesn't account for acceleration of the wheel.
I'm quite certain it's not a new behaviour, there were many post about it for over 2 years - that's the first thing most people noticed when they bought these units. And yes the workaround doesn't account for acceleration... I'm not sure if the problem there is Logic or Eucon.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I'm quite certain it's not a new behaviour, there were many post about it for over 2 years - that's the first thing most people noticed when they bought these units. And yes the workaround doesn't account for acceleration... I'm not sure if the problem there is Logic or Eucon.
And you would be quite mistaken, because I am sitting right here in front of 2.6.2 and the jog wheel moves in 1 BEAT increments, as long as the arrange window is in focus. If it's out of focus, it moves in 1 MEASURE increments, maybe that's what people were talking about.

Now it's broken in 2.7+ and is always 1 measure regardless of focus. Would you care to downgrade and try it out?
Old 06-29-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Would you care to downgrade and try it out?
Not really... I finally have my console working somewhat properly after years of bugs... Don't they have employees to test those things? They should have replied by now.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Not really... I finally have my console working somewhat properly after years of bugs... Don't they have employees to test those things? They should have replied by now.
I'm under the impression that they have so many problems right now that this is a low priority.