Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 08-06-2020, 04:36 PM

Default S3l X System Clock Problem?

While booting up my S3LX Today I received various System Clock problem errors. Software Activation on plug-ins is stating clock needs repair. I am assuming my bios battery is going bad or dead or something? I ran the system test in venue and it came back with error - AVC Quartz Loop Test FAILED!.

Any guidance on how I can rectify quickly? I have a show next week. First show since march of course. Ugh. I just want to make sure I do things in the right order/process etc.

Please and thank you.....
Old 08-07-2020, 08:43 AM

Default Re: S3l X System Clock Problem?

I would change the BIOS battery and see if that does it. If not, if it boots, I would pull logs and get them to support as quickly as possible. I would also double check all my connections on the E3 between the Ethernet connectors and the motherboard, and make sure that everything is still properly seated to the motherboard.
Old 08-07-2020, 12:02 PM

THank you. Yes BIOS battery was dead. Bios and system now holding date. BUT all the plug ins are trying to fix themselves and re-authorize via web. Not working. I assume i will have to in-install and re-install all the plug ins with the 4.6.1.4 build I am running. I remember it being a pain/process the first time. Yuck.

Old 08-07-2020, 12:51 PM

More of a nightmare. I can't get the Plug ins to re-authorize. I guess there is no way to do it offline. I went through all my documentation but seeing as it has been years since I loaded all my plug ins i can't remember the exact process. I do remember having to plug the s3l directly into internet to accomplish this last time which was scary enough. I am assuming there is some software mismatch to the current I lock software on the s3l. Waiting to hear from Ilock folks but it says location is being repaired, tries to do it's thing and then times out starts over.

If anyone has any ideas or has ever had to do this please let me know. Thanks in advance. I usually try to exhaust all research before crying for help.

Old 08-08-2020, 05:27 AM

FIXED. Re-loaded all plug ins. Temporary connection to internet. Had to reboot S3 3ngine several times but now all is good in the world again. I bought the best CR2032 battery I could find. 10 Year Lithium. That should keep me going for a while.
Old 08-08-2020, 03:03 PM

Glad to hear you got it working. Yeah, when it loses the clock you have to pop back online for a bit for the plugins to figure out how to approach their license. Personally, I'd be afraid that I would COMPLETELY forget about the BIOS battery if I got a 10 year lithium, but I think that should be long enough! Lol!
Old 01-12-2022, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdrums View Post
FIXED. Re-loaded all plug ins. Temporary connection to internet. Had to reboot S3 3ngine several times but now all is good in the world again. I bought the best CR2032 battery I could find. 10 Year Lithium. That should keep me going for a while.
I'm getting the same "clock needs repair" error message. I just bought this system and I'm waiting on AVID to do the license transfer from the previous owner. Trying to figure out how to get the computer online but not sure how to do that.. Any advice on getting the machine online?