Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 05-09-2022, 09:47 AM

Default Avid Plugins Tier 2 Installation

At some point over the last few years as I went from Subscription based Pro Tools to Perpetual I had two plugin vouchers from Avid that I redeemed. I chose the Pro Limiter and the ClassicComp + Fairchild. I've attached a screen shot of these in my account.

What I don't understand is how these plugins are updated to newer builds. As an example, in the last week I updated Pro Tools from 2021.12 to 2022.4. Are the Avid plugins I own updated at that time or are they separate installations? How can I determine what versions I am using? If they are separate installs how do I go about getting the installers? I've included from my Avid account a screen shot of the "Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle" with installers. I see the Classic Compressor dmg but does that include the Pro Limiter, Fairchild and the ClassicComp?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Classic Compressors Bundle.jpg (48.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Avid Audio Plugin Tier 2.jpg (11.9 KB, 0 views)
Pro Tools Studio 2023.12.1, Mac Studio 2023 M2 Ultra, 64GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6.4 (22G513), UAD Apollo X8, Apollo x6 x2, UAD-2-Satellite-TB3-Octo, UAD-2-Satellite-TB3-Quad, Avid Dock w/ iPad Pro 12.9", Avid S1 x 2 w/ iPad Air 10.9", Neumann KH 310 w/ KH750 Sub, Genelec 8320A, Adam Audio T7V w/ Sub8, G-Technology TB3 x 6

Last edited by Mixmaster Rick; 05-09-2022 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 06-06-2022, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Avid Plugins Tier 2 Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixmaster Rick View Post
Are the Avid plugins I own updated at that time or are they separate installations?
I think the plugins are typically updated separate from Pro Tools, though some updates may coincide with a PT update.

Quote:
How can I determine what versions I am using?
On Mac, you can go to the plugins folder (Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Avid > Audio > Plug-Ins (AAX)) and right-click the plugin and choose Get Info and it will tell you the version.

Quote:
If they are separate installs how do I go about getting the installers?
Sign In to your Avid account at www.avid.com and then click View My Products and should see the installers under your Pro Tools downloads.

Quote:
I see the Classic Compressor dmg but does that include the Pro Limiter, Fairchild and the ClassicComp?
Classic Compressors includes the Fairchild plugins. The Pro Limiter is part of the Pro Series Bundle.

Pro Tools 2024.3

Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 06-06-2022, 09:25 PM

Or even easier on a Mac get Pete Gates PT Prefs utility and it will tell you the versions of every plugin installed. Easy Peazy. Copy and paste into a spreadsheet and use that spreadsheet to help manage keeping all your Avid and third party plugins up to date.

(and Avid Link... that gets uninstalled, I would not ever trust it to manage my system).

And I really want to thank Pete Gates for adding back the plugin version reporting capability in PT Prefs, I used to use my own script to do the same, and he stopped me unleashing that on the world/having to support it.
Old 06-07-2022, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Or even easier on a Mac get Pete Gates PT Prefs utility and it will tell you the versions of every plugin installed. Easy Peazy. Copy and paste into a spreadsheet and use that spreadsheet to help manage keeping all your Avid and third party plugins up to date.

(and Avid Link... that gets uninstalled, I would not ever trust it to manage my system).

And I really want to thank Pete Gates for adding back the plugin version reporting capability in PT Prefs, I used to use my own script to do the same, and he stopped me unleashing that on the world/having to support it.
Funny - I literally just used the PT Prefs utility which I've used many times for years, but never have clicked on the Plugins button Sure makes it a lot easier to check the version!

Here's the link to the PT Prefs utility:

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=340741

Pro Tools 2024.3

Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 06-07-2022, 09:41 AM

All,

Thanks for responding. I just looked at the details for each of this and have attached a screen shot. Some months ago I had logged into my Avid account and downloaded the installer which I never noticed before and ran it. The Version is 22.2.0.7, Copyright 1991-2021 Avid Technology, Inc. for each of these. Since I upgraded Pro Tools to Studio in May and because these plugs have timestamps of February, the answer is they are updated via a separate installer.

Thanks very much for the guidance. I'll look at the utility as well.

Best...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AVid Plugs.jpg (52.9 KB, 0 views)
Pro Tools Studio 2023.12.1, Mac Studio 2023 M2 Ultra, 64GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6.4 (22G513), UAD Apollo X8, Apollo x6 x2, UAD-2-Satellite-TB3-Octo, UAD-2-Satellite-TB3-Quad, Avid Dock w/ iPad Pro 12.9", Avid S1 x 2 w/ iPad Air 10.9", Neumann KH 310 w/ KH750 Sub, Genelec 8320A, Adam Audio T7V w/ Sub8, G-Technology TB3 x 6