Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-24-2000, 08:08 AM

Default Quick! Need an answer! Soundcard Issue

Okay,

So I got my computer and it purrs like a kitten. There's a crappy soundblaster card that I got put in there just so I could make sure my computer was making some sound. Should I remove it and disable all the drivers before I install Digi 001? I'm about to go to the store to get it! Any answers are greatly appreciated!

e
Old 11-24-2000, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Quick! Need an answer! Soundcard Issue

I found disabling mine made everything work better. even better just remove it. 001 works fine as my only sound card for all applications. Just make sure you take a headphone out of your cdrom and into monitor inputs on the 001 or you won't hear it.
Old 11-25-2000, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Quick! Need an answer! Soundcard Issue

The SoundBlaster card will work with the Digi card. Remember the Digi001 will not play CD,s or play game sounds. I use the audio out on the SB into my external mixer to do these things. All you have to do is remove the SB live card. Then install the digicard and then reinstall the SBlive card. The reason you have to do this is that if you install the digi card with the SB card in, you will get an IRQ conflict. However by installing the SB card after the digicard the SB card will land in its own IR slot.
Why this happens I dont know but mine works fine. Make sure you select the Digi as the preferred playback/record in the control panel when you want to use the Digi and do the same when you use the SBlive.

TTRIP