Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 04-23-2022, 01:51 PM

Default Re: EuControl & Mac Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Basically EuControl is working and seeing the Surfaces but it is not recognizing the Apps as EUCON Apps. Can you right click on the EuControl notification icon and select Collect logs and then post them somewhere and give me a link. I'll get engineering to look at them on Monday.
Here is a DropBox link to the logs:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkmuctocs3...33638.zip?dl=0

Thanks for your help, Eddie!

Elmo
Old 04-23-2022, 02:28 PM
Avid

Hi imixit and WilliamHarp:

I'm an engineer at Avid. In the last couple days we saw a strange Apple issue with a migration to a Mac Studio.

Could you by any chance install Discovery.app (its free) from the mac app store?

If possible try not to have any other machines on your network running anything EUCON (PT or EuControl).

Then with PT and EuControl both running just dump a screen shot of everything that starts with _EuDOF-

Like shown in the attached picture.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 2.26.02 PM.png (52.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by HowardSw; 04-23-2022 at 02:30 PM. Reason: minor edit
Old 04-23-2022, 02:48 PM
Avid

As Howard says there seems to be a problem with the migration. If you can do what Howard says that would help us determine the issue. A workaround we think fixes the issue is to change your computer name and reboot. It can be just one character. This is done in System Preferences->Sharing.
Don’t use the Edit button, just change it right in the Computer Name field then tab out of it.
Old 04-23-2022, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardSw View Post
Hi imixit and WilliamHarp:

I'm an engineer at Avid. In the last couple days we saw a strange Apple issue with a migration to a Mac Studio.

Could you by any chance install Discovery.app (its free) from the mac app store?

If possible try not to have any other machines on your network running anything EUCON (PT or EuControl).

Then with PT and EuControl both running just dump a screen shot of everything that starts with _EuDOF-

Like shown in the attached picture.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Thanks Howard, Screenshot attached.

Elmo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 9.20.47 PM.jpg (50.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-23-2022, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
As Howard says there seems to be a problem with the migration. If you can do what Howard says that would help us determine the issue. A workaround we think fixes the issue is to change your computer name and reboot. It can be just one character. This is done in System Preferences->Sharing.
Don’t use the Edit button, just change it right in the Computer Name field then tab out of it.
That did it! All the surfaces are lit up and responsive and my layouts loaded! (I did the screen shot for Howard prior to name change/reboot…)

I’m excited to put this new Mac through its paces.

Thank you both very much!

Elmo
Old 04-23-2022, 09:53 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by imixit View Post
That did it! All the surfaces are lit up and responsive and my layouts loaded! (I did the screen shot for Howard prior to name change/reboot…)

I’m excited to put this new Mac through its paces.

Thank you both very much!

Elmo

Totally welcome. Very much appreciate the screen shot. It is very helpful.

When you look at discovery again you will see the difference.

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:27 AM

UPDATE:

I ran the setup most of the day yesterday, mostly looping large sessions to see how taxed/hot the system got (mostly didn’t, 1 x ran out of CPU after an almost 3 hour run.) For the most part stable, with cores at about 10% CPU total about 20% in PT (32% total according to Sensei.) Session about 220 voices/ 45 min, lots of tracks, routing, automation. (36 Celsius Max… in my maxed Intel Mac Mini 16/64 it was near 98 Celsius)

After some startup hiccups, mostly after reboots. With tablets connected directly to a wireless router, EuControl would randomly (it appeared) drop tablets, one would unexepectedly quit causing a reshuffle of surfaces - I’d toggle it off/online and restart app and another would disconnect or quit. After doing this dance a few times, they would stabilize and run ok for hours… so other than the startup inconvenience it is, eventually, workable.

I though I’d reiterate the tablet on Wi-Fi issues as I saw “ thebeatless” reported this earlier in this thread…

E
Old 04-25-2022, 10:31 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by imixit View Post
UPDATE:

I ran the setup most of the day yesterday, mostly looping large sessions to see how taxed/hot the system got (mostly didn’t, 1 x ran out of CPU after an almost 3 hour run.) For the most part stable, with cores at about 10% CPU total about 20% in PT (32% total according to Sensei.) Session about 220 voices/ 45 min, lots of tracks, routing, automation. (36 Celsius Max… in my maxed Intel Mac Mini 16/64 it was near 98 Celsius)

After some startup hiccups, mostly after reboots. With tablets connected directly to a wireless router, EuControl would randomly (it appeared) drop tablets, one would unexepectedly quit causing a reshuffle of surfaces - I’d toggle it off/online and restart app and another would disconnect or quit. After doing this dance a few times, they would stabilize and run ok for hours… so other than the startup inconvenience it is, eventually, workable.

I though I’d reiterate the tablet on Wi-Fi issues as I saw “ thebeatless” reported this earlier in this thread…

E
There are many things that cause unstable WiFi. Check all the recommendations on this page, there's a whole section on improving the WiFi. https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ontrol-Support
Old 04-25-2022, 01:31 PM

I didn't have wifi issues before using Monterey with the Ultra. The iPad is now disconnecting very frequently with this setup.
Old 04-25-2022, 01:37 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeatless View Post
I didn't have wifi issues before using Monterey with the Ultra. The iPad is now disconnecting very frequently with this setup.
I guarantee it will be a network error/setup/config of some sort.