Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 09:27 PM

Default Anyone see Roger Waters concert?! Let\'s chat re Syd Barret

I just saw Roger Waters play at MSG in NYC. What an awesome concert! The players were fantastic and the sound really kicked butt.

What really struck me was the incredible Syd Barrett films. The 'opening theme' film, the close-up of the old Ferguson radio with someone's arm entering the scene and smoking a cig and drinking and taking pills, I COLD NOT BELIEVE THAT WAS ORIGINAL SYD BARRETT FOOTAGE! When he appeared at the end, and I realized it was a film of HIM it blew me away. And all the B&W film footage of the band in the fields with the scarecrow was awesome. I just Googled it and read that these were recently discovered Barrett films that had been just found after Syd died in '06. It has already aired in England. Me being a HUGE Floyd fan - I saw The Wall tour - it was an EXPERIENCE.