Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2023, 04:32 PM

Default Re: MTRX Studio basic questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPizzaMusic View Post
As somebody who came from an HD I/O on HDX and now using HD Native w/ MTRX Studio - you're going to love it. Best upgrade I've ever made on a converter/monitoring system. I had a Dangerous Monitor ST and ditched that as well.

DADman is amazing. Agreed intimidating at first, but after about a day of research I was able to full customize it to my setup (which now includes both stereo and Atmos, two completely different speaker systems) along with an additional converter (old Apogee DA16) for analog summing that I connect with ADAT. The routing is fantastic. Little things like not having to use an analog set of outputs for a rough mix is great. I also have it set so that when I switch to my stereo speakers (ATC) from my Atmos (Kali), the dual subwoofers automatically reconfigure themselves to become stereo with the ATC's, so one for each. Crossovers and EQ all change as well. Not that you would do this, but just giving an example of the power of this system. The room tuning functionality is great.

It will be an upgrade that once you configure will be worth every penny. I too am waiting for a DADmom controller, who knows how long that is going to take. But worth the wait and easy to control with my Artist Mix for now.

Hi! I'm quoting you because you seem to have a similar setup as the one I need info about.

My current setup is pretty easy: HD Omni+ HD I/O 16x16 Analogue connected to an HD Native Thunderbolt card.

My HD Omni started to act a bit funny lately. I'm looking into options to keep my 16 - 24 channels of I/O and get something more "future proof".

Is it a possible/good idea to ditch the HD Omni and substitute it with the MTRX Studio? I would have the MTRX connected to the HD Native card as well as the extra 16 channels from the HD I/O.
Once I'll have figured out the routing nothing will change in my setup, I will rely mostly on the 16 channels from the MTRX and use the extra 16 channels from the HD I/O if necessary. But I'll be able to expand in the future with other converters connected via Dante, correct?

And how do you control the DADmom controller through the Artist Mix? Any links would be very helpful.

Thanks for any help

Last edited by baslotto; 01-23-2023 at 09:03 PM.