Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-26-2002, 05:09 AM

Default Running out of CPU power, D-Verb problem?

Hi,

I have PT 5.3.1 on XP, 1.7MHz P4. I receive a 9128 error, 'running out of CPU power...' on a specific D-Verb setting. I can generate it by doing the following:

1. Open PT and create new 16 bit session
2. Open system usage window
3. Add a new stereo audio channel
4. Add a D-Verb plug-in, set it to the Room 2 setting (leave defaults)
5. Record enable the track, record disable the track and wait.

Within 10 seconds the CPU hits the red and a 9128 error is evident.

This only happens on the Room 2 D-Verb setting. I use Room 2 allot and picked this error up this way. Maybe it is a Room 2 algorithm problem. Maybe it is only my problem. Will somebody please try to recreate this error by following the above steps and let me know.

Willie
Old 07-26-2002, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Running out of CPU power, D-Verb problem?

Well what do you know?Another damn South African on the DUC!Welcome bra,its lekka to have you! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Unfortunately I cant create that error on my system,I am waiting a while before taking the xp plunge,at least untill Roy gives me the thumbs up.

What I can tell you is that each and every system I have ever worked with has its own twitches and quirks.You have to learn to love them and work around them.For example on my system if I duplicate a track twice and it has the sansamp on it,the session wont close.

Having said that,have you tried re-installing the DVerb?Also you might want to try and ditch your DAE preferences folder.I dont know it its in the same places as on 5.1,or if its even a good idea.I hope one of the guys who has 5.3 in will tell.

Hope you enjoy it here buddy! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
(van nou af kan ons maar afrikaans praat ne?)