Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 11-13-2021, 10:56 AM

Default Eleven Rack Editor Windows 11 ERROR

Just install the Eleven Rack editor, drivers works fine, but editor send error on start.
error initializing eleven rack midi engine
I find instructions for macos, but nothing for Windows.
Share all rights for editor exe, but no luck. Any things? Thx.
Old 12-11-2021, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Editor Windows 11 ERROR

Which instructions for macos did you find? Where can I read them?
Old 05-28-2022, 03:06 PM

I had the same problem. The list of what I tried is too long for this post. What worked was to go to Device Manager, then to the "Sound, video and game controllers' tab. Disable any device other than 11 Rack.
Old 06-03-2022, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnk241 View Post
I had the same problem. The list of what I tried is too long for this post. What worked was to go to Device Manager, then to the "Sound, video and game controllers' tab. Disable any device other than 11 Rack.
Are you saying that you have the "ELEVEN RACK EDITOR" app not just the 11R driver working on Windows 11?
Old 06-04-2022, 06:38 AM

Yes. I have my 11 Rack and the 11 Rack Editor working just fine in Windows 11, with all the latest updates (as of June 3, 2022). When the Editor stopped loading, my 11 Rack worked fine with Pro Tools and Reason, but the Editor would not load. In desperation, I disabled sound devices I did not need and VOILA! I have the Editor back.
Old 06-07-2022, 09:04 AM

The conflicting device was "High Definition Audio Device."
Old 06-13-2022, 02:51 AM

Hopefully I can get it to work today.
Old 06-13-2022, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnk241 View Post
Yes. I have my 11 Rack and the 11 Rack Editor working just fine in Windows 11, with all the latest updates (as of June 3, 2022). When the Editor stopped loading, my 11 Rack worked fine with Pro Tools and Reason, but the Editor would not load. In desperation, I disabled sound devices I did not need and VOILA! I have the Editor back.
Can you please post a screen shot?
Old 06-14-2022, 06:58 AM

The offending sound device was "High Definition Audio." I have attached a screen shot of my Device Manager.
Attached Images
File Type: png Device Manager.png (27.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-01-2022, 06:38 PM

I just switched to a new build Windows 11 PC after being on Mac for a year and I just got the Eleven Rack Editor installed and working correcty after a bit of trial and error. I thought I would share the steps here.

You need:
1. the latest Eleven Rack Driver install
2. the Eleven Rack Editor installer
3. The stand alone Pace installer. I downloaded this a couple years ago for Windows 10 and can't recall where from. But the Installer says it's v5.4.1

First I installed the Eleven Rack Drivers, which worked perfectly other than setting the Eleven Rack as my primary sound card (I actually use a Presonus StudioLive Series III).

Next I installed the Pace driver. Again, no real issues.

Then I installed the Eleven Rack Editor. This took multiple attempts. I ended up not using any compatibility mode for the install.

First it says it's going to install Pace and some Visual C versions. When it gets to the actual Pace install, a separate window appears with the "Trust this vendor" message and and option to install or Cancel. Hit CANCEL or you'll get a blue screen on reboot.

After the reboot, wait a couple minutes to see if the install automatically continues. I didn't do this at first and ended up with multiple installs running. If it doesn't restart, just run it again, this may require a second reboot. I tried so many times that I forgot.

Eventually it will proceed to the point where you get an error message "Error 1935 An error occurred during the installation of assembly component". Leave the error on the screen and do these manual tasks:

1. Take a copy of the folder: C:\Program Files\Avid\Eleven Rack Editor and paste it to another location. (This is because when you cancel the install it will remove these files)

2. Go into Task Manager with CTRL-ALT-DEL and end the installation task.

3. Copy the folder back to C:\Program Files\Avid\Eleven Rack Editor

4. Make a shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Avid\Eleven Rack Editor\ElevenRackEditor.exe" on your desktop or start menu and use that to launch the editor.

I've had full fuctionality doing this, and set my default audio interface back to the StudioLive mixer and things still work after a reboot.

I'll be interested to know if others try this so let me know.