Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-23-2007, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Help-Bad Data Midi Chunk List

i had that happen a couple a times over the last year, only thing that worx is un and re-installing.
in my case Pro Tools, Mach 5 and BFD

never got any clue or respomse from digi :_(
Old 02-23-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
i had that happen a couple a times over the last year, only thing that worx is un and re-installing.
in my case Pro Tools, Mach 5 and BFD

never got any clue or respomse from digi :_(
I'll try anything to overcome this.

So was it this alert ?

"Could not complete your request because bad data encountered while translating MIDI Chunk list"

if so I will try uninstalling evrything!
Old 03-08-2007, 01:47 AM

Well it's back again.
Another session lost to this problem.
Since the first disaster I have completed one trouble free track.
The latest session that refuses to open (including 7 backups) and refuses to import to a new session has only 1 midi track, one vocal, one bass track and one guitar track. The midi track is an instrument-EZ Drums from Toon Tracks.
So a very small session indeed. However I did lose 2 hours of drum programing...........and some of those drum fills were sweet..........if I do say so myself.
Anyway I did it all again.
I have not heard from Digidesign since I sent them my first corrupt session.
Of course I can't jump up and down and call this a bug until it turns up somewhere else. So far there have only been 2 other usesrs who have seen this problem.

I have some thoughts on this.
The problem seems to happen after midi programing.
The other function that I know I performed on both sessions had to do with creating 6 or so window configurations which were all tied to memory locations. I did this in both instances.
My first corrupt session did not use EZ Drums. I used Addictive Drums on that one. So it's not that.

I have just started to extensively use Window Configurations and these are the first 2 sessions with them.

Clutching at straws I know, but it's all I can think of.
Nervous days indeed.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:31 PM

I have this same problem, though on my mbox on a mac book pro.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:00 AM

Quote:
I don't think we'll be able to do anything before Monday, but if you post your email address or put it in your profile, we can email you instructions of how to send the session to us.
In fact it's been 2 months and I never heard anything from Digidesign after sending the corrupt session.

I thought I would revive this thread again. Not because I have had the problem again........... I have not, but because I have been contacted by 2 other PT users this week seeking a solution to the same problem.

Just letting you know that it is still happening and it's very nasty.
There is no solution.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:01 PM

It happened to me without any reason 5 mins ago.

Why ? The why is , we are all spending over 10000usd for this [bleep] system , and our work gets [bleep] up .

What is this ? Also why auto back up files get the same problem as well ? So what is the meaning of Auto Back Up ?

This is a serious problem , and digidesign has to cover this , and yes this is an order in the name of all people who lost their works
Old 05-25-2007, 07:47 PM

Happened to me several months ago. Only once but terminal to the session. Had to start over.
HD 3 Accel system here not M-powered. Ivory was being used.
Scary.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:25 AM

than all the users had to come over in one forum , and push digidesign to solve it .

in this case how we can continue like this ?
Old 05-26-2007, 12:34 PM

Do y'all have Auto-Save on? What happens if you try and load the most recent backups?

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 05-26-2007, 12:55 PM

nothing happens ... same

because ; when you are working and when auto back up is on , everytime auto back up function over writes the data of previous back up files .

so , in somewhere at the time when this error happens , and of course you cant know it , you are continuing to work.
and auto back up carries this error (if happened) , and over writes this error every time to the other further back up files .

SO , all your back up files become defected at the end with your original file .

in this case what you can do is , save the session file (with fear) try to reopen , and if it will work , duplicate the original one to another drive. and do not trust the auto back up .

so i want to ask , how can a person continue like this ???? What if it will happen in my first try out on my track ? Should we close the track and try to open after every midi we wrote ?

This is something so bad . yes bad .