Originally Posted by Burbree View Post
Antares
Arturia
Boz
Izotope
Kiive
Kush
Plugin Alliance
Brainworx, Plugin Alliance, SoundStack, Izotope, and Native Instruments are all part of Soundwide which seem to be having problems, including lots of executive changes and other disruptions caused by their private equity owners. I doubt very much this boutique market is big enough for public companies and PE games so as the owners try to pivot all these companies to a larger market/increased profitability who knows what is going to happen. I would not purchase any of their products now.

And sadly Antares is just Antares ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The good thing is all this helps folks know who which vendors to avoid. But it's tough if you rely on this stuff already.
Old 02-28-2023, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Plugins compatible with Apple Silicon natively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbree View Post
Antares
Arturia
Boz
Izotope
Kiive
Kush
Plugin Alliance

Dont get me started on the McDSP v6 to 7 upgrade fiasco
Those are tough inclusions. Arturia, Kush and PA are all over my sessions. When these 3 companies update it'll be a major step toward Native for me.
Old 02-28-2023, 05:29 PM

It's not really difficult. We'll be able to run PT in Rosetta for some time yet, and access the non-native plugins. I find it very easy to switch between the two modes. Old sessions; run them in rosetta and commit tracks.

Last edited by Ben Jenssen; 02-28-2023 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-28-2023, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
It's not really difficult. We'll be able to run PT in Rosetta for some time yet, and access the non-native plugins. I find it very easy to switch between the two modes. Old sessions; run them in rosetta and commit tracks.
That is, of course, 100% true, but spend some time running Native and you'll get accustomed to how snappity fast everything is and you won't want it any other way. Sessions practically open before I even let go of the mouse button. It just feels like all the gunk is cleaned out and all the wheels are spinning freely.

Having Rosetta sitting there waiting for you is a comfort, I have to say. Even when I generally commit to going Native, the occasional old plugin will come into play, and it won't be terribly inconvenient to click a box and get into Rosetta.
Old 02-28-2023, 07:58 PM

I guess that's where Apple has an advantage with Logic that other DAWs that use Audio Units can also benefit from: the ability to run the host DAW natively, and use Rosetta only for individual plug-ins that need it. Steinberg also seems to have built this ability into Cubase, which can run Intel VSTs alongside Apple Silicon native VST3s while Cubase is running native.

Theoretically it might be possible for Avid to build that ability into PT, but I'm guessing now that Apple Silicon has been out for 2 years (?) and most plug-ins are finally going native, they don't need to take a piecemeal approach. That said, I have some older plugins that I suspect will never be updated and it's nice to be able to run those until they finally break with some future MacOS update.
Old 02-28-2023, 10:24 PM

I was hoping Avid would follow Logic's lead and take the hybrid path but I doubt that's going to happen. It would be an ideal early solution.
Old 03-01-2023, 10:22 AM

VSL Synchron Player is now Silicon Native.

They have a roadmap for the other products (but not dates). Sounds like they're taking the opportunity to optimize and overhaul their codebase as well.

VSL Goes Apple Silicon (YouTube)

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 03-01-2023, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
VSL Synchron Player is now Silicon Native.

They have a roadmap for the other products (but not dates). Sounds like they're taking the opportunity to optimize and overhaul their codebase as well.

VSL Goes Apple Silicon (YouTube)
Wow, I didn't expect this for a while. Excellent news. Their transition to iLok wasn't without its stumbles but they stayed on top of that and get credit for their tenacity. Since there is some "rebuilding" here I may wait until others give the all-clear before diving in.
Old 03-01-2023, 12:05 PM

SSL sent out an email today, saying:

Quote:
Every SSL plug-in is now available as a universal binary, with support running natively on both Intel and Apple silicon (M1/ARM) Mac computers.

As a result, new installers are available for:

FlexVerb
X-Comp
X-Delay
X-Echo
X-EQ 2
X-Phase
X-Saturator
X-ValveComp
I went to the downloads and found x-sat (the only 'x' I have), but also 4kb, and Flexverb updated for ARM AAX. Still waiting on Drumstrip and Vocalstrip. They have a pretty lousy way of telling about this stuff, and an asterix on every plugin supposed to be native, but it's messy.
Old 03-01-2023, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
SSL sent out an email today, saying:

I went to the downloads and found x-sat (the only 'x' I have), but also 4kb, and Flexverb updated for ARM AAX. Still waiting on Drumstrip and Vocalstrip. They have a pretty lousy way of telling about this stuff, and an asterix on every plugin supposed to be native, but it's messy.
That's typical for SSL. I came here to mention the Drumstrip/Vocalstrip thing having been blindsided by their "everything is M1" claim, which turns out to be only partially true (the AU version may be M1 compatible, but not AAX).