How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2023, 03:19 PM

Default Re: iZotope / Exponential Audio reverbs and M1 update

Such a shame.

Phoenix, Nimbus R1 and R2 were great reverbs for those that didn't need surround and Immersive capability.

Stratus and Symphony are great reverbs also. It's just nice to have some good ones in the lower cost segment of the market as well.

If iZotope doesn't update Vinyl, I'm going to be pissed.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 06-19-2023, 12:39 PM

Same here! I'm going back and forth between Rosetta and Native modes in Pro Tools based on what part of my mixing process I need the reverbs, and it's a PITA!

I complained directly to iZotope last week, here was their response:

My apologies for the inconvenience here. Our developers are hard at work completing updates for our products line to add official OS 13 Ventura support and native supported AAX components.

Because Stratus and Symphony were developed by Exponential Audio using a different code bed than iZotope products, our developers do need to spend a little more time working on updating these plugins. However, we do aim to have these updates released as soon as possible.

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns and I will be happy to help! Thank you for your support and I hope you have a great day!

Also...

I am afraid that we do not have beta versions for these plugins as they are simply being tested for native AAX support and OS 13. There are not new features to be tested so once they have confirmed compatibility the updates will be released.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I think I remember reading that Michael Carnes originally developed these plugins using the plugin platform JUCE. Not sure if that platform has carried over since the iZotope takeover, but a quick google search shows plenty of support for plugin developers to recompile their JUCE plugins to Universal/native M1 AAX.

Now with the Native Instruments takeover of iZotope, who knows where they're all at with it! :)
Old 06-19-2023, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_feldman View Post
Same here! I'm going back and forth between Rosetta and Native modes in Pro Tools based on what part of my mixing process I need the reverbs, and it's a PITA!

I complained directly to iZotope last week, here was their response:

My apologies for the inconvenience here. Our developers are hard at work completing updates for our products line to add official OS 13 Ventura support and native supported AAX components.

Because Stratus and Symphony were developed by Exponential Audio using a different code bed than iZotope products, our developers do need to spend a little more time working on updating these plugins. However, we do aim to have these updates released as soon as possible.

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns and I will be happy to help! Thank you for your support and I hope you have a great day!

Also...

I am afraid that we do not have beta versions for these plugins as they are simply being tested for native AAX support and OS 13. There are not new features to be tested so once they have confirmed compatibility the updates will be released.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I think I remember reading that Michael Carnes originally developed these plugins using the plugin platform JUCE. Not sure if that platform has carried over since the iZotope takeover, but a quick google search shows plenty of support for plugin developers to recompile their JUCE plugins to Universal/native M1 AAX.

Now with the Native Instruments takeover of iZotope, who knows where they're all at with it! :)
Yeah, the wait is killing me. I'm waiting on Altiverb (and Speakerphone), Stratus+Symphony, GRM Tools, and Pitch n Time Pro (which I am sure will never get ported, so I'll jump to Elastiqué).
Old 08-31-2023, 11:57 AM

Here's what I wrote to them today.

SUBJECT: Apple Silicon AAX for Stratus and Symphony - Vaporware?

Hi iZotope folks - not really the forum for it, but it's the one I'm on, so -*

Checking the status of the vapor molecules.*

As a long-time software user, a year's delay in an announced product... is usually not a good sign. *It's encouraging that the core code seems to run on AS (as evidenced by AU versions etc.) but perhaps UI is difficult for AAX, or some other deep snag... And the delay leads to thoughts like: perhaps the managers have determined all the professional mixers in the world are too niche an audience to afford the dev time. (I bet there's a PM somewhere that has a hunch...! )

I find myself beginning, begrudgingly, to search for alternatives.*

Hoping for an encouraging word. *(And if there is an encouraging word, please LMK if I can say so in public.)*

-jeremiah
Old 09-01-2023, 09:19 PM

I’ve basically given up on these ones sadly. I’ve fully migrated over to liquid sonics for my immersive reverbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2023, 04:54 PM

I have updated Symphony3D and Stratus 3D but still can not get them to show up in native mode. Anyone else having this problem? I'm leaving rosetta behind and was hoping to still get some use out of these two verbs... Not sure what the deal is. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the latest several times.
Old 09-03-2023, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBMusicAndPost View Post
I have updated Symphony3D and Stratus 3D but still can not get them to show up in native mode. Anyone else having this problem? I'm leaving rosetta behind and was hoping to still get some use out of these two verbs... Not sure what the deal is. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the latest several times.
They ARE NOT Native.
That's your issue.
iZotope still haven't issued an updated version of them for Apple ARM.

I thought everyone understood that this is what this thread is about ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 09-04-2023, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
They ARE NOT Native.
That's your issue.
iZotope still haven't issued an updated version of them for Apple ARM.

I thought everyone understood that this is what this thread is about ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I understand what the thread is about never mind the condescending remarks. It says on the product download page for those two reverbs

System Requirements
Mac: macOS Catalina (10.15.6) - macOS Monterey (12.5.x) *
*Supported on Intel Macs & Apple silicon Macs (native & Rosetta).

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/...ds/symphony-3d
Old 09-04-2023, 12:14 PM

I have NFR's of almost all of their Exponential stuff and here is what they emailed me back in Sept of 2022,which might be different now as I think this was pre-merger etc.
The only two recent updates are for Stratus and Symphony.

We added M1 support for them.

I think all the other EA products won't get M1 support and will likely be sunset in the near future.

Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 09-04-2023, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBMusicAndPost View Post
I understand what the thread is about never mind the condescending remarks. It says on the product download page for those two reverbs

System Requirements
Mac: macOS Catalina (10.15.6) - macOS Monterey (12.5.x) *
*Supported on Intel Macs & Apple silicon Macs (native & Rosetta).

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/...ds/symphony-3d
“Supported on Intel and Apple Silicon Macs does not mean the plug-in is AAX Universal Binary. It is well known that these two plugs have not been updated for AAX.