Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2011, 10:13 AM

Default Avid am I Falling through the cracks of HD9 to HD10 upgrade?

I purchased an HD9 upgrade from a dealer's online store on Friday, hours later finding out about the release of 10. I was then "reassured" by a friend that like himself, I should receive a free upgrade to HD10 due to the fact that I had purchased HD9 after Oct 1st. Now here is where my frustration and worry starts. Last night my same friend forwarded the email from Avid that he received about his free upgrade to 10..... Its states that all upgrades to 9 have to purchased after Oct 1st., which mine was but that they need to be registered by Oct 23rd. WHICH IS TODAY but my HD9 upgrade is in transit so I can't register!!! So did I just some how fall through the cracks of the free upgrade to HD10? Avid will I still receive my free upgrade since I purchased my upgrade before the cut off date or am I being penalized because I purchase online?

Aaron
Old 10-23-2011, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Avid am I Falling through the cracks of HD9 to HD10 upgrade?

good question
Old 10-23-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Moodio View Post
I purchased an HD9 upgrade from a dealer's online store on Friday, hours later finding out about the release of 10. I was then "reassured" by a friend that like himself, I should receive a free upgrade to HD10 due to the fact that I had purchased HD9 after Oct 1st. Now here is where my frustration and worry starts. Last night my same friend forwarded the email from Avid that he received about his free upgrade to 10..... Its states that all upgrades to 9 have to purchased after Oct 1st., which mine was but that they need to be registered by Oct 23rd. WHICH IS TODAY but my HD9 upgrade is in transit so I can't register!!! So did I just some how fall through the cracks of the free upgrade to HD10? Avid will I still receive my free upgrade since I purchased my upgrade before the cut off date or am I being penalized because I purchase online?

Aaron
I'm in EXACTLY the same position. Something tells me they shortened the usual 30 day amnesty deliberately to avoid this. They quoted that the amnesty would be for anyone after Oct 1st on their website..but cleverly didn't mention it would close on 23rd.
I doubt they will honour your or my upgrade.
As an HD user I feel quite shunned. Again.
There is no way i'm paying £1300 to update the software on a system they have just obsoleted. That would be crazy.
Intel 2700k 3.8ghz
16GB Crucial Ram
Old 10-23-2011, 05:09 PM

Hi,
Same here, My upgrade from LE8 to Pro Tools 9 is also on it's way and I'll get it delivered tomorrow. I really hope I can get the upgrade as I ordered it on the 15th.
Nick
Old 10-31-2011, 06:37 PM

There's probably only a few of us who registered after the 23rd, but the website clearly states after Oct 1st with no further qualification.

I'll be calling tomorrow and waiting on the phone...

No need to get lawyers involved, just go here if they don't honor their advertised policy:

http://sanjose.bbb.org/business-revi...View-CA-204590

Regards,

Scott
Old 10-31-2011, 11:11 PM

I´m in the same boat too.
Bought it 21 st and it arrived the 25th when I also registered.

It is slightly different terms for PT 9 and PT HD9.
But NOWHERE there is a word about 23rd...

But don´t worry AVID will solve this matter for us. They can be tough but not stupid.

Anyway DTS was said to check things out yesterday, monday with the AVID HQ.
So, DTS tell us they will be sending out the free upgrade emails A.S.A.P.

Pro Tools 10 FAQ
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=419131
Q: I just purchased a Pro Tools HD 9 software upgrade — is there any way I can get a deal on a Pro Tools HD 10 upgrade?
A: Yes. In fact, if you purchased and registered a Pro Tools|HD system, Pro Tools|HD Native system, or Pro Tools HD 9 upgrade on or after October 1, 2011, you're eligible to receive a free upgrade to Pro Tools HD 10 software. If you're eligible and registered your purchase, you'll receive an email with instructions to activate and download your complimentary Pro Tools HD 10 software upgrade.

Q: If I just purchased Pro Tools 9 software or a system that came with Pro Tools 9, do I get a complimentary upgrade to Pro Tools 10 too?
A: Yes, it's possible. If you purchased a Pro Tools 9 product or upgrade within the time period stated below, you're eligible to receive a complimentary software upgrade:

You purchased and registered new Pro Tools 9 software (full version) or a product bundled with Pro Tools 9, including the Mbox family or Eleven Rack, on or after October 1, 2011
You purchased and registered a Pro Tools 9 upgrade or crossgrade on or between October 1–20, 2011
If you're eligible and registered your purchase, you'll receive an email with instructions to activate and download your complimentary copy of Pro Tools 10 software. However, if you purchased a product that included Pro Tools LE, you are not eligible to receive a complimentary Pro Tools 10 crossgrade (you can still purchase a crossgrade though — get it here).