Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 09-09-2011, 10:17 AM

Default NEW "Free" DMG EQ - EQuick!

Hey all,

Just got this email from Dave at DMG this morning.

Hi,

Just a quick heads up to let you know that if you bought EQuality, then I've just issued you a full license for EQuick. Licenses are in your user area for you to grab.

It's a little thank-you for supporting DMGAudio.

If you have any trouble logging in, do just hit Login, then the "?" on the far right, which'll mail you a link to get you in immediately. :)

Enjoy!

Dave.

I'm giving the EQ a try right now and it is BEAUTIFUL!! Well done Dave! Here's the product page,
http://dmgaudio.com/products_equick.php

Check it out guys and gals!
Warner Bros. Animation

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0760851/
Old 09-09-2011, 10:19 AM

Default Re: NEW "Free" DMG EQ - EQuick!

Oh, and the "Free" part, if you didn't deduce from the above post, is only if you have purchased EQuality, which I highly recommend you do. You may also purchase this slick new EQ separately.
Warner Bros. Animation

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0760851/
Old 09-09-2011, 12:06 PM

It's amazing! A little buggy at first, fine tuning adjustments aren't working too well. I can't seem to find a way to manually type in numbers for gain/freq, etc. Also it's not mapping to the D-Control center section yet. I hope that happens soon, as I do most of my EQing on the center section. It really is beautiful, and probably the most flexible EQ I've run into yet. Can't really say how it sounds yet, but if it's anything like Equality, it'll be amazing. Very similar to Fabfilter Pro-Q (which I own), but in many ways I'm liking it better.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:33 PM

It's quite nice for use with a Magic Trackpad. Two fingers scrolling does the Q, control clicking solos, etc. I don't see how you would map it to a Icon since it doesn't have any visual knobs, but for that use I suppose you would use EQuality. I just like the idea of it being clean and simple with a huge display when needed. Since I only have an old Mackie Control, most of my EQ-ing is mouse based.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjguitar View Post
It's amazing! A little buggy at first, fine tuning adjustments aren't working too well. I can't seem to find a way to manually type in numbers for gain/freq, etc. Also it's not mapping to the D-Control center section yet. I hope that happens soon, as I do most of my EQing on the center section. It really is beautiful, and probably the most flexible EQ I've run into yet. Can't really say how it sounds yet, but if it's anything like Equality, it'll be amazing. Very similar to Fabfilter Pro-Q (which I own), but in many ways I'm liking it better.
Yeah, I've been working with it today - really cool interface, but I also am finding it a bit fiddly; typing in numbers sort of works, but you can't see a text entry box, and you're just as likely to accidentally create a new band as get the entry box when double-clicking... Also, parameter values keep disappearing when I'm trying to read them and I have to keep moving the mouse about to see what the settings are. If they can sort out some of the GUI touchy-ness it's gonna be great. Fab-filter's got this type of interface wired, but Equick is more powerful I think.

best,
rich

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6