Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2010, 09:19 AM

Default Power harness issue and "Rev "g" series 002R

I bought a used 002r a month back, checking the serial number realizing it was in the clear Rev. wise bought it.In the last few days, it has disconnected quite a bit and with a project coming up need to get some peace of mind.Will Avid send me a new harness for this serial number or will a cleaning be enough, if so is there a document to show how to do it?

Thanks

PS if Digi TS reads this, I filled out a transfer of ownership right away on the new system and want to confirm that i am eligible for the hardware exchange for a 003r.The new website is a nightmare and no response to my emails on this have been answered.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Power harness issue and "Rev "g" series 002R

Your problem is not the power harness. If it was, your unit wouldn't complete it's start up. Most likely you have a poor firewire cable that is causing intermittent firewire bus resets. Granite makes the best in my opinion. There may be a better way to set up your gear, but you haven't included that information with your posting.

There are very good troubleshooting tips in the stickies at the top of this forum page. You might try exhausting them once or twice.

You won't get Avid support in these forums. You get other guys like yourself with hopefully more experience.

Welcome to the DUC!
Old 07-19-2010, 10:10 AM

Default Re: Power harness issue and "Rev "g" series 002R

Well my 002 does that to me sometimes. I take the bottom off, unhook all the connectors of the power harness. Reconnect and it works well for a couple of months. Not sure how much difference there is the the rack models, but it's fairly simple on mine.