Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2011, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Tdm hd3 to hdx upgrade when you've already bought a new interface!

No offence to AVID but this info should be available NOW and at the time of releasing details of this product - all the info suggested seems you have to trade your current interface in - why should you if you have just bought one ? plain daft ...... - and if you you can just get the cards and software it should not be a fortune if your coming from hd3 pci e to just one hdx card plus PT10....
Avid are you listening...?
Anyone want to back me up ?
Kj
Old 10-21-2011, 08:57 AM

By the way I've now seen that an upgrade from PT hd3 to PT10 with hdx card and an omni is $5999 - An Omni retails in Sweetwater for $2999 (I'm based in u.k but going on U.S Dollar) but I guess you guys at Avid are n't nice enough to let us have an HDX card and PT10 software for $3000 upgrade if we were good enough to buy your new interfaces when they first came out last year as loyalty.......
Can someone from Avid/Tech support please give some info - a lot of your customers are going to be present PT users and every HD user will need an HDX card at some point if they wish to keep up to date with software etc ..... -
All I ask is some clear info .....
Old 10-21-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karljohnson View Post
By the way I've now seen that an upgrade from PT hd3 to PT10 with hdx card and an omni is $5999
You've seen? Where?
Old 10-21-2011, 09:30 AM

Was on the Web chat last night ..... Not sure why everyone is paying $999 for PT10 software when eventually anyone who upgrades to hdx (and will have to to go forward) will get the software in the bundle......
I really hope AVID have some great upgrade deals to appease me and others who think so far none of this pricing and details are very customer friendly. If I have to pay $5999 to then have to sell on a brand new OMNI - what ?
Kj
Old 10-21-2011, 09:39 AM

I think AVID will have to sell individual card without interfaces. What if someone wants to go from a HDX 1 to an HDX 2? They would surely sell just the card in this case.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:43 AM

Yes, I too am in the same boat. I plopped down nearly 6k for an Avid I/O with an additional 8 out card. I can't imagine them doing this to their most loyal customers... I have been a customer of Avid/Digi for 15 years now and have participated in the exchange program for every iteration of HD card that has been released. I've also persuaded several of the post pro studios that I do business with to participate in the exchange program as well. Even years ago migrating some from Sonic Solutions to ProTools HD, where they are today. I would consider this, if true, a serious blow to their reputation.

It must be noted that I did ask this question on the webinar chat and it was never answered. Avid?

Macbook Pro 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo OS 10.9.5
ProTools 12.7.1.733
Mbox2 PT 10.2

Scott Whittier
Whittier Creative
http://www.madmix.com/
www.voice123.com/scottwhittier
Old 10-21-2011, 09:43 AM

I would like to be a Pro Tools HD HDX user but at a starting price of £6,299 for a new system, there is no way on earth I can afford that. I feel I'm not alone.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:46 AM

Guys,

I just got off the phone with my Sweetwater rep, and the trade in deal is like getting the interface for free. When this promotion ends, it will still cost $5999 to upgrade from an HD3 Accel to HDX. The intro promotion deal including the Omni is Avid's way of making it easier to get into the new HDX system. It's very similar to what happened when Avid had the trade up from LE to HD over a year ago. Many will remember that you received a free 192 IO when you took advantage of that trade in offer. Hope this helps clarify things.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:04 AM

So basically we've been screwed - If you add the price of an Omni - ($2999) to the upgrade price for an hd3 user (for when the time comes the 'free' Omni is not given) the total cost is $8998 - $1000 less than a brand new user coming to pro tools - so your telling me my hd3 PCI-E system is worth $1001 - Come on AVID get real ....... Be fair ....
So the only way is to but the upgrade and sell the new boxed omni ? a joke .....
I'm off to look at the Logic site as I'm starting to really dislike what i'm hearing. A loyal customer(s) treated like this is not fair .......
Kj
Old 10-21-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumster View Post
Guys,

I just got off the phone with my Sweetwater rep, and the trade in deal is like getting the interface for free. When this promotion ends, it will still cost $5999 to upgrade from an HD3 Accel to HDX. The intro promotion deal including the Omni is Avid's way of making it easier to get into the new HDX system. It's very similar to what happened when Avid had the trade up from LE to HD over a year ago. Many will remember that you received a free 192 IO when you took advantage of that trade in offer. Hope this helps clarify things.
How is it like getting the Omni for free? You have to trade in an I/O with the Core and Accel cards to get an Omni and 1 HDX card? So am I to trade in my Avid I/O for an Omni???!

Exchange prices have been listed on Sweetwater and it's not looking very good. Would really like someone from Avid to chime in on this.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HDXHD3-HDXom/

Macbook Pro 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo OS 10.9.5
ProTools 12.7.1.733
Mbox2 PT 10.2

Scott Whittier
Whittier Creative
http://www.madmix.com/
www.voice123.com/scottwhittier