Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-15-2009, 03:23 PM

Default Opening current PT sessions with Legacy PT versions

How far back in PT versions are you able to open a current PT 8 session.

As I move back and forth between PT 8 and PT 7 for unrelated reasons, I know that when I attempt to open a PT 8 session with PT 7, I get a dialog box explaining what's up ...but it opens the session perfectly ....and I'm not using any "new" feature of PT 8 that would prevent that.

So I beg the question, how far back must one go in versions before it won't open ....beyond the obvious buses and aux sends, etc. that won't be there?

I know that you can "save copy in" for that purpose ...but what if that didn't happen, and someone simply tries to open a session.

Mark
Old 05-15-2009, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Opening current PT sessions with Legacy PT versions

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=23442