Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 07-04-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Bugs with Magma PE6R4 Expansion Chassis

I get the Gershwin error when I try to deactivate plug ins during playback when I use the Waves SSLChannel plug. This is intermittent. This crashes Pro Tools.

Also, i still have that problem with SSL Channel and the volume dropping like 5 to 7 db when I open a session. If I quit PT and re open session the volume is back to normal. You can see the volume drop in the vu meters as well as hear it.

I get TDM flag errors a lot with Soundtoys Plug-ins.

I am for sure using the latest versions of my all plug-ins.

Tremolator is not in sync with PT even when I have midi activated. Delays are the same. Even Digi Delays arent in sync with PT. They are late.

7.3.1cs3 HD
Dual 2x3 Intel Mac Pro
Magma PE6R4 Expansion Chassis
HD Core, 6 Accel cards
Old 07-04-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Bugs with Magma PE6R4 Expansion Chassis

Quote:
Magma PE6R4 Expansion Chassis
HD Core, 6 Accel cards
How can you have 7 cards in Magma PE6R4 Expansion Chassis? It can only take 6 cards, the 7th slot there is not functional.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:

Tremolator is not in sync with PT even when I have midi activated. Delays are the same. Even Digi Delays arent in sync with PT. They are late.

Might wanna follow the path of Delay compensation. Some INST plugins report delays that actually need to be deactivated to get correct sync (i.e. cntrl + apple + click on the delay calc line). This is worst when using RTAS instances of the plugs you mentioned). This of course is reflected in any assigned delays / tremolo. Check your global midi delays also in Prefs - this may advance the MIDI clock which controls the sync on those plugs too. I find that I need to intervene to correct from the defaults. Print and compare to grid or MIDI notes and adjust ADC manually to compensate.

A
Old 07-06-2007, 12:04 AM

Sorry...5 Accel, 1 core