Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 09-27-2019, 03:46 PM

Default Implied Mute (Blinking Mutes when Soloed)

I really enjoyed the function of implied mute with HUI on the SSL Duality with Pro Tools. On the S6 when I solo a track other tracks that are muted as a result of that solo do not blink indicating an implied mute. Is there a way to add this feature to the S6?

Though I make it a habit to not automate mute and do it with clips instead to avoid this blinking mutes are certainly a boon when I am soloing.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:01 AM

Default Re: Implied Mute (Blinking Mutes when Soloed)

This also applies to VCAs. On my old D-Control when I muted a VCA the associated fader mutes would flash, indicating that they were only muted due to their VCA being muted. This was very handy and unfortunately isn't the case on the S6. When I mute a VCA on the S6 all the associated fader mutes are solid so I have no way of knowing whether the individual faders are muted or not. Not a step forward........
Old 09-30-2019, 08:38 AM

I think all of the controllers have had this except the S6, D-Command, Pro Control, Control 24 (I never used the C-24 but would be surprised if did didn't have implied mute). Glad to see someone else misses this feature too.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:28 AM
Avid

Both D-Control and D-Command did have this functionality I believe. I agree completely that it is quite important and should be added to S4/S6. I'll defer to Eddie to confirm it is on the list of items for improvement.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 10-01-2019, 11:09 AM

I am always in solo mode while mixing in formats other than Atmos. I switch between monitoring PM, Stems and reference tracks by using XOR solo rather than muting / unmuting tracks. My mix source tracks and auxes are in solo safe mode. Some may find blinking implied mutes distracting regardless of how they use solo mode. I request that blinking mutes be optional if implemented.

Serge
Old 12-10-2021, 05:11 PM

Fingers crossed this be implemented soon, I love the updates that have happened to the S6 and so glad we finally got use of the swap layer and even above and beyond with 4 layers which beats out the S5. Only thing left not implemented in Pro Tools is that assign knob. I say all that in short to not discredit all the hard and great work done already.

I would love to see implied mute implemented and perhaps like touch fader that the rate of blinking could be set in preference if Implied Mute check box is enabled. I realize not everyone would like this but it would really help my workflow and live mixes.
Old 12-10-2021, 11:06 PM

If the blinking mute doesn't happen on solo safe'd tracks we could see the audio path easily enough.