Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2011, 06:28 PM

Default can I use the same protools with 2 systems?

I want to interchange my protools hardware set up between mbox mini and my 002 rack with my laptop. I use protools 8. Is it just as easy as plugging in the hardware and done? My drums are in the basement...the studio upstairs. I want to take the laptop and mbox mini, hook into my mixer down there and record my drums...bring laptop upstairs, plug into the 002 rack with my monitors, guitars, synths and all that..and keep going.

For some reason I feel like PT i have working with the 002 will have an issue running with the mbox mini. Am I wrong? Cant seem to find that out.

Thanks
Old 09-10-2011, 04:59 PM

Default Re: can I use the same protools with 2 systems?

If I am understanding you correctly, yes. I have PT on both my MBP as well as a desktop running Vista. I don't use the desktop that much anymore, but I just hook my hardware up to whichever I am using and as long as the usb dongle is in, then I've never had a problem.