Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2004, 02:05 PM

Default Anyone using the Clavia Ddrum4 Brain?

If so do you know where I can get some Jazz Brush Kit samples?
I have looked at the samples on the Clavia site but no brush sounds available.

Old 04-06-2004, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Anyone using the Clavia Ddrum4 Brain?

Yaawwwwn,
Good Morning.

bump
Old 04-06-2004, 05:58 AM

Yep, I used to have a Ddrum 4 set up....I couldn't ever get the brain to play just certain midi note numbers...It wanted to play all the "nuances" so using it to trigger other modules never did work out...If you can't find any brush samples you like off of clavia's download site, Your pretty much out of luck unless you can figure out how their compression scheme works to be able to make your own....I opted to sell that kit and bought a Ddrum 2 setup with an Alesis DM5 (for triggering purposes only) for much less money....The module midi's into my Fantom S-88 and mainly I use the Dynamic Drums and some off the Studio SRX expansion cards for sounds....Sometimes I midi into Gigastudio if it's something really particular I'm looking for...This setup gives unlimited possibilties and no compression scheme or midi note numbers flying all over the place to worry about...Oh...I like the sound better too.....
Old 04-06-2004, 07:39 AM

Moon,

The nuances is what it is about. That´s what makes this thing so special and brings it closer to realistic imaging than any drum sampling I am aware of.

Lalaman
Old 04-07-2004, 01:20 PM

Yep, the nuances is what it's all about and the Ddrum module sounds pretty good especially if you take up all the memory and put ONE of the signiture series kits in it BUT when you want to use a different sample other than what Ddrum has to offer...Your kind of stuck....Because of the way it loads sample data (It only holds like 8MB I think?)Your pretty limited on what it can hold..I started out on acoustic drums and played them for many years before moving to keyboards so I've paid closer than normal attention to drum sounds...In the 80s Ddrum had the best drum sound bar none...Everything else sounded the same which only had single sample hits...The sample sounded the same whether you hit it hard or soft, only the volume level changed and playing 16th notes sounded like a machine gun so yes, Ddrum was king but in the last few years especially, multi sampled drums are becoming pretty common practise... I am really amazed at the nuances even on the Dynamic Drums and Studio SRX Roland cards...If you step into some of the sample CDs they have like for Gigastudio for example..They are even better...
Old 04-07-2004, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I am really amazed at the nuances even on the Dynamic Drums and Studio SRX Roland cards...If you step into some of the sample CDs they have like for Gigastudio for example..They are even better...

That may be why I as able to get the ddrums almost at cost. $2200
They sure sound sweet. I wish I could find some brush sounds but it's not
a must since they are so responsive to light touches. I can already produce
some soft sounds as it is.