Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 01-29-2023, 04:51 PM

Default Eucon not working on new Mac Studio

Hi all,

Finally got round to switching from macbook pro to mac studio, but I'm having some issues with Eucon on the new machine.

I'm running latest versions of pro tools and Eucon (2022.12 both), and Monterey 12.6.3.

2 Artist mixes, dock and Avid Control App. All up to date on versions and firmware.

I've uninstalled and re-installed Eucon, I've disabled and re-enabled in Pro Tools, I've rebooted and restarted numerous times.

Eucon sees the surfaces - I can add and remove them, and they're showing as connected.

Pro Tools sees Eucon - I can enable and disable it from the transport window, but status is "off" - which means it can't see any of the surfaces.

It can't be an ethernet switch issue because the app isn't working.

The whole setup works fine on my macbook with the same versions of PT and Eucon.

Obviously this new mac is Silicon...

Anyone come up against the same issues?
Old 01-29-2023, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Eucon not working on new Mac Studio

There are a lot of discussions on here about Mac Studio and Eucon. Did you do a search?

Some things to answer

Did you do a migration on the Mac Studio or fresh setup?
Did you allow permissions for Eucon? When you install EuControl it alerts you to allowing these.
Are you plugged directly into the 100gb Ethernet Jack of the Mac Studio? There are known issues with Artist devices plugged directly into the Mac’s Ethernet.

Post some screen shots of your Eucon My Surfaces page and Pro Tools Rucon status
Old 01-29-2023, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
There are a lot of discussions on here about Mac Studio and Eucon. Did you do a search?
Absolutely. Can't find any threads that describe the same thing, either through searching here or via Google. Though if you've got any suggestions, I'm all ears (or eyes).

Quote:
Some things to answer

Did you do a migration on the Mac Studio or fresh setup?
Fresh setup - which is why it's taken me 4 months to get it into my studio...

Quote:
Did you allow permissions for Eucon? When you install EuControl it alerts you to allowing these.
Yep, and have repeatedly uninstalled and re-installed to make sure it's "correct".

Quote:
Are you plugged directly into the 100gb Ethernet Jack of the Mac Studio? There are known issues with Artist devices plugged directly into the Mac’s Ethernet.
Initially I was going via my OWC hub (the same way I connected my macbook pro) and my switch. Then I tried my switch direct to the mac studio. Now I've just got the dock plugged in directly. Nothing works - by which I mean the mac sees the dock, and mounts it fine - but it doesn't do anything. PT says eucon is fine, but no surfaces.

I'm also quite certain it's not an ethernet thing because the Avid control App was in the same situation - connected but not recognising PT.

Quote:
Post some screen shots of your Eucon My Surfaces page and Pro Tools Rucon status
See attached. Ignore the "version mismatch" thing with Avid control; that's because I tried stepping back to 2022.9 (but the iPad app has updated so isn't compatible). When it was 2022.12 everything mounted fine, just didn't work.

To confirm - at the moment the 3 surfaces are connected via a switch (which works fine with the Macbook pro), into the ethernet connector of the mac pro - but it hasn't mattered whether it's direct, via the hub and switch, or via the switch alone - it's the same thing, the surfaces are seen but won't operate.

(I'm not 100% sure it's pro tools at all - because the Finder-specific Eucon functions don't work either).
Old 01-29-2023, 08:03 PM

Last attachment.

I should mention I'm not exactly new to fault finding or looking for forum answers...but this one has me foxed!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 2.57.52 pm.jpg (20.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-29-2023, 08:28 PM

Update - I think I've fixed it.

https://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=...5&postcount=23 - this helped.

Even though I didn't do a migration when I installed everything.

So for now - I'm up and running again!
Old 03-03-2023, 10:20 PM

I just updated to 2022.12 and have this problem (again). All previous fixes (as well as those suggested here) have not worked. Thanks for any advice.
Old 03-26-2023, 10:41 AM

Had an issue while installing (2) identical MacStudios (both on Monterey) each
setup had an AristMix and only. Both plugged on the Eth port

Regardless of the the (2) recents EuControl versions i tried (latest 2022.12.1) no matter if i lowered the connection speed to even 10MB
and DCHP was set to ON (That is another story which i noticed on various multipleS1/Dock/ipad setups where static IP's never worked)
EuControl was either irresponsive ,or when the surface was recognised and added ,after 30seconds was offline again
Rosetta or non Rosetta made no difference.

The workaround was to use a USB To Ethernet adapter (with the same cable)...case closed.

Last edited by mix109; 03-26-2023 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-27-2023, 10:40 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mix109 View Post
Had an issue while installing (2) identical MacStudios (both on Monterey) each
setup had an AristMix and only. Both plugged on the Eth port

Regardless of the the (2) recents EuControl versions i tried (latest 2022.12.1) no matter if i lowered the connection speed to even 10MB
and DCHP was set to ON (That is another story which i noticed on various multipleS1/Dock/ipad setups where static IP's never worked)
EuControl was either irresponsive ,or when the surface was recognised and added ,after 30seconds was offline again
Rosetta or non Rosetta made no difference.

The workaround was to use a USB To Ethernet adapter (with the same cable)...case closed.
Yes, we have seen many issues with the built in port on these.