Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2004, 02:57 PM

Default Re: likely hood of support for Behringer BCF 2000?

L.M.A.O.?

did a search and came up with zip!

I know "cruelty to animals," but if you dish it out, you must be able to take it right? and for someone with so many posts (Where at 6700+) I'm sure he's heard it all. Still, I stand by my comments, that's my perogative and opinion.

Digi001
(RME adi-8 pro)
G4 MMD Dual 1g + 1.25g RAM
PTLE 6.4 (DVToolkit)
Mac. OS 10.3.3
3 Lacie 80g FW Audio Drives
Old 03-03-2004, 03:32 PM

Quote:
L.M.A.O.?

did a search and came up with zip!

I know "cruelty to animals," but if you dish it out, you must be able to take it right? and for someone with so many posts (Where at 6700+) I'm sure he's heard it all. Still, I stand by my comments, that's my perogative and opinion.

L.M.A.O. =
Laughing my ass off!
Old 03-03-2004, 03:48 PM

If you search or have read my previous posts regarding Behringer experioences, you'll know of the testing done with the 001 vs Behringer (001's crappy pre's and converters smoked the Behringer, which we needed to get 3 of before we even had a working one) and the 9 pairs Behringer Truth monitors that were tested, none of which any pair were even close to matched un audio quality.

AFA our 001 use, it's a playback device for additional tracks past the main 24 from a Mackie HDR24/96. All tracks are recorded using the HDR, then secondary tracks are transfered to the 001 and playback is via spdif outs with Apogee converters.

Also, you'll see by searching that I am not alone in my dislike of Behringer gear. Since this is my opinion, I am entitled to it. You don't have to agree with it, and you don't have to like it, however it would be the professional thing to respect it as my opinion, regardless of what your opinion is, whcih you can also voice and I will respect. There's no reason to try and start a p*ssing contest about what I like or don't like.

Old 03-03-2004, 04:29 PM

L.M.A.O. =
Laughing my ass off!

[/QUOTE]

I like it!! L.M.A.O.

Digi001
(RME adi-8 pro)
PTLE 6.4 (DVToolkit)
Mac. OS 10.3.3
Old 03-03-2004, 04:54 PM

No p**sing match needed, and none was intended, just an obsevation from your pevious posts regarding The "B" word.

Let it never be uttered in it's entirety for evil lurks
Ready to pounce at the opportunity
Be warned and forever hold your tongue
'Cause wherever the "B" word is spelled out in full majesty
You can be sure that Where will come.

Peace!

Digi001
(RME adi-8 pro)
PTLE 6.4 (DVToolkit)
Mac. OS 10.3.3
Old 03-03-2004, 05:04 PM

So what, because IMHO they make junk I shouldn't reply when people inquire about their stuff? Is your opinion the only one that is right and just? Gimme a break pal.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:21 PM

Behringer may not make the best quality gear, and why should they? They're doing what they can to keep their products 'affordable'. It's a compromise, that's just common sense. There are plenty of companies that tailor to a different market with deeper pockets with a higher requirement of sonic quality. They have been around for ages and for the most part... their products have been unreachable by many if not most home users.

Besides, let's not forget. IT'S THE MUSIC THAT COUNTS. Let me tell you a little story,

"I went outside and picked up a pile of poo. I brought it inside my kitchen through my Mogami red carpet. I then neatly piled it on neatly on a silver platter. After looking at it with my Focusrite Red 8 glasses, I covered it in delicious whip cream with the attached iLok. I then brought in a professional mastering engineer to sprinkle some delicious nuts around it and to put the cherry on top. In the end, even with all the polishing, I still have a pile of poo."

There's incredible talent out there that should be heard... and because of companies like Behringer, those individuals will have the ability to record a decent quality demo on a tight budget.

Now back to the BCF 2000... Eight motorized faders with total recall for $250? That's awesome! Good job Behringer! The unit looks small enough to carry around with me with my laptop. If it's compatible with LE I will probably end up picking up one.

-Gil

p.s. Don't ask me why I picked up a pile of poo, that's not the point of the story!
Old 03-03-2004, 05:43 PM

Chill, take a breath, have a laugh and do what you gotta do. I happen to agree with most of what you say about the BIG "B" but I'm open minded too. I don't just SLAM it 'cause it's made by ??? I also happen to find some of their stuff quite usable, and why? "'cause I try it before I belch! The original poster was curious about a "Control Surface" mabe he doesn't what to spend $1000 for a glorified mouse "mackie Control".

As you well know ....NO AUDIO PASSES THRU A CONTROL SURFACE. at +- $250 that's not bad. It's just MIDI and that's been around for decades, how bad can it be? It's not going on the road for 3 months and I don't think it'll get too much coffee spilled onto it so???? what's wrong with a $200 CS? If it does what you need it to, it's a killer deal.

Now will it work in PTLE? Who know's yet. But it is priced accordingly and is aimed at an entry level home studio owner. I think it's a great idea to have toys that people of all walks of life can dabble with and experiment with. So to emphaticaly say that ALL BEHRINGER (there I said it) GEAR IS CRAP...............well,.....pal,........... that's ignorant and self serving. " Helping the community by letting them know that "B" stands for bad".

Thanks, I'll try to remember that next time I need a budget piece of gear like a DI or a headphone distributor. The reason music has become a viable option for many is because of the price of gear that is available to a wide demographic. The pro studios are not going to use "B" gear, although I've seen it, and as I remember you listed it on your website untill very recently 'till a poster called you on it, at which point you quickly and smuggly removed the offending listing. Give "me" a break,........pal!

But the Pro's will stand apart sonicaly because they are Pro's with pro gear not hobbyists, and music production will not be eliteist and mystical and only for those with a huge disposable budget. The rest of the world can do their own demo's now and all the power to them. Same reason the 001 exists.........pal.

L.M.A.O. for real!

Digi001
(RME adi-8 pro)
PTLE 6.4 (DVToolkit)
Mac. OS 10.3.3
Old 03-03-2004, 05:43 PM

I have a budget to stick to, and these faders look kinda OK, though they don't appear to have track arming and solo keys. I find that really annoying to scroll around with the mouse to arm a track/solo stuff

I am interested in getting a set of faders. ideally they'd have at least arm's and solo's and maybe automation read write swtches. I did have a HUI borrowed from a previous employer, I didn't use the transport too much or the plu-in control. and most of the shortcut keys didn't do too much, mainly because so used to all the control keys in the qwerty.

It is specualtion whether or not a driver compatible with protools will be available as behringer mention everything else apoart from PT in their publicity.

I too felt the sound of a behringer mixer wasn't great, but at the end of the day you could get some good results with it with an experienced op, the foley recorded on it is up for a few awards this year, and the cash he saved on the mixer is being passed on to his clients...

But I mean all these little buggers do is move virtual faders around, so as long as they are built to last... which does appear to be in doubt, I think I'm going to have to get my hands on some and make up my own mind.

I thought the faders on the HUI were OK, better than say the Yamaha 02R?
Is the JS cooper thing still around, or what? any body using that? does it have arm/solo's?

I would consider the 002 but only if they release a plug in for surround mixing in LE! Cos what's the point of having 8 outs if it don't do surround? And I bet you can't use those faders with annything else but Protool's. So I think I'm definitely going the seperate fader sound card route, at least that way I can plug in say an motu 828 and run DP and mix in surround? export OMF from PT ( thanks for digitranslator demo!) import to Dp and surround mix away.
So sticking with my Mbox....
Old 03-03-2004, 05:55 PM

Hey , I know I've said this a few times........
Behringers Power Play KICKS ALL KINDS OF ASS!!!!
It's a 8 headphone distribution unit....comes with individual auxes for 4 phones. Treble/Bass/mono/left-right mute! And it's only $99 U.S.D. and it's LOUD as F**K!!!!!
I mainly do Metal music and I've had ZERO complaints about the headphone mixes!
Hope the BCF 2000 works out for who ever gets it!