Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2008, 02:53 AM

Default issues:kontakt,pro tools,leopard

hi

just purchased an extremely expensive mac pro.

upgraded everything to most recent updates... leopard 10.5.4 and pro tools 7.4.2... also kontakt upgraded to 3.0.0.002...

nothing works together as it should.

i specifically wanted to use the 'rock guitar' patch in kontakt, and that seems to be the only one which crashes the entire programme in stand alone mode. it freezes the whole computer if i load it as a plug in.

furthermore... my writing partner and i have been saving money, taking on weekend jobs in order to purchase in the not too distant future, a macbook to use for performances... we need a live laptop setup to handle kontakt 3 to play our stuff live... its been the focus of the live band for quite sometime now... we have been aiming to reach a point where we find the band members, have the songs written and arranged for live performance within the same sort of time frame so we can start gigging when we've reached these goals.

The process of getting our band together has taken about 10 months so far - we didnt want this to process to spill beyond one year.

and i now i have found that none of the equiptment we have decided upon using is going to work...

our band cannot practice...

we are going to forget how the samples were laid out on the midi keyboard...

compromises we didn't want to have to even think about, have been forced upon us because of gear, and issues have arrisen from these problems with the new updtes.

so i was wondering, and i probably am answering my own questions here. but:

a: is this always the case with new updates coming out etc? do some things simply not work - this particular occasion seems very dramatic thats all...

b: does anyone have these issues with logic 8? i mean using kontakt 3, logic 8, and leopard specifically?

c: what about macbooks? does anyone use a macbook with kontakt 3 successfully? has anyone had the same sort of issues as i have with none of their main software they wanted to be using together, in conjunction, working, at all full syop? complete and utter brickwall head hitting against tear worthy messes? what if i had been doing this for my living? i would be absolutely helpless!

im feeling suddenly naive about my choices, and why i didnt meticlously investigate more properly the options... but i also feel like someone should answer for this cock up.

i wanted to share this info here as its where i go to find a lot of stuff out... and maybe it will stop someone else making a bad decision...

i also need to find alternatives to all of the above / just a general solution to this massive headache

please share if you have read this whole blog, your experiences with similar situations, and any advice would be ace, just from your positives to negatives about any or all of these issues.

i feel sad and lonely.

thanks.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:54 AM

Its a known issue with Native Instruments:

http://www.native-instruments.com/in...ard&L=1#c65525

Try setting RTAS processors to 1 as a workaround