Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-03-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Low latency monitoring with virtual instrument...

Is there anyway to work around the fact that virtual instruments like trilogy and atmosphere are automatically in "bypass" mode when PT is in low latency monitoring mode. For me, the latency in non-low latency mode is so bad that I can effectively lay down a part. Is there any way to take it our of bypass--or is there a workaround? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I have PT 002 with a 3Gig PC, 1 Gig Ram.

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Low latency monitoring with virtual instrument

I can't tell from your post - are you talking about using LL mode for actually playing the virtual instruments, or for tracking analog sources while virtual instruments are being played back?

Low latency mode is only for monitoring analog inputs. For lowest lag while playing virtual instruments, your only option is to use the lowest possible setting for HW buffer.

If your virtual instruments are being bypassed by LL mode, try assigning the inputs on the AUX channels(which aren't really used) to something other than an analog input, such as a bus.

Old 10-03-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Low latency monitoring with virtual instrument

yes, I am talking about actually playing the virtual instruments. I tried to adjust the buffer size, but there is still quite a noticeable lag...