Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 07-17-2015, 10:41 AM

Default Refund

At this point, for those of you who have followed my journey since the inception of PT 11 through countless hardware and software configurations know, I'm done. I bought PT 11 when it came out and it has never, ever worked as advertised. All of hardware and settings were "blessed" but it never worked.

I QUIT.

I want a full refund for PT 11 HD OMNI or I will file a complaint with the BBB and I will take legal action.

Pro Tools 11 HD, 64Gb ram, 12tb SSD, 1909
HD Omni/Thunderbolt Native
A bucketload of libraries
www.Reverbnation.com/jedediahjenk
www.soundcloud.com/jedediahjenk
notedmusic.wix.com/jedediahjenk
Old 07-17-2015, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Refund

You have one week.

Pro Tools 11 HD, 64Gb ram, 12tb SSD, 1909
HD Omni/Thunderbolt Native
A bucketload of libraries
www.Reverbnation.com/jedediahjenk
www.soundcloud.com/jedediahjenk
notedmusic.wix.com/jedediahjenk
Old 07-17-2015, 11:52 AM

Good luck on the refund(and even better luck on getting the BBB to help). Your best bet is to put the package up for sale and move on(and take a tax write-off for the loss). As for me, sorry it didn't work out for you. 11HD has been the most solid and powerful setup I have owned, going back to the old 002 and LE6

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-17-2015, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notedmusic View Post
At this point, for those of you who have followed my journey since the inception of PT 11 through countless hardware and software configurations know, I'm done. I bought PT 11 when it came out and it has never, ever worked as advertised. All of hardware and settings were "blessed" but it never worked.

I QUIT.

I want a full refund for PT 11 HD OMNI or I will file a complaint with the BBB and I will take legal action.
I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen. I feel for you. If you're a composer then there are better ways to go. DP is great for film. Logic is incredibly powerful and at $200 its a steal. I'm pretty sure it will work with the Omni Interface. And Pro Tools will be handy to have when you need to turn film scores in to the dubbing house. It just DOES NOT WORK WITH VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTS. Stylus worked better with Pro Tools 5.1 than it does with 11.3.1. That is a fact that many here don't admit. Or maybe they don't work with VI's.

I bought Logic ProX last week and it is working great, but like I said in another thread, I'm mixing, and sometimes there are other parts that I like to bring to the party. Am I supposed to stop what I'm doing and move to Logic and then import the audio???

Clearly, this whole thing sucks.

Steve
Old 07-17-2015, 07:34 PM

It sucks that you've encountered so many problems, and I do hope you find some way to get back on track in the end. But you're barking up the wrong tree - this is a user forum. While there are some Avid people floating around here, you would have better luck contacting Avid directly.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:08 PM

you did not buy from Avid, you bought from a retailer that bought it from Avid so your beef is with the reseller for a refund, part of what you paid is their markup (30~50%)

you say your near LA, if you bought from one of the reputable resellers in the LA area they should have provided you with support to get up and running
buying cheap online, you get what you get

also you may have the correct model of computer but I've done enough bulk batches to know that out of every 100 bought about 3% are just dogs and fail to work properly

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 07-17-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Mixing View Post
I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen. I feel for you. If you're a composer then there are better ways to go. DP is great for film. Logic is incredibly powerful and at $200 its a steal. I'm pretty sure it will work with the Omni Interface. And Pro Tools will be handy to have when you need to turn film scores in to the dubbing house. It just DOES NOT WORK WITH VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTS. Stylus worked better with Pro Tools 5.1 than it does with 11.3.1. That is a fact that many here don't admit. Or maybe they don't work with VI's.

I bought Logic ProX last week and it is working great, but like I said in another thread, I'm mixing, and sometimes there are other parts that I like to bring to the party. Am I supposed to stop what I'm doing and move to Logic and then import the audio???

Clearly, this whole thing sucks.

Steve
I beg to differ. I work with VI's everyday from East west Quantum leap, to NI, to Toontrack, IK multimedia etc. PT has it's quirks at time, but all in all, VI's work just fine when your system is setup properly.

Wave-T.com
Old 07-17-2015, 10:22 PM

Hi Manny. What version of Pro Tools are you using? And are you using the latest installs of the NI stuff? I assume that you're using Kontakt. And what operating system are your using. I'm not trying to be RIGHT here. I want my system to work. If you have the answer, please shed some light.

Steve
Old 07-18-2015, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Mixing View Post
Hi Manny. What version of Pro Tools are you using? And are you using the latest installs of the NI stuff? I assume that you're using Kontakt. And what operating system are your using. I'm not trying to be RIGHT here. I want my system to work. If you have the answer, please shed some light.

Steve
I'm not Manny but I too have no issues with vi's in PT11.3.1 on either OSX 10.8.5 or OSX 10.9.5. All latest revisions from NI (Kontakt, Absynth, FM8, Massive, Reaktor, etc.). EW Play 4.2.2 engine libraries working perfectly. No problems with Sampletank 3.5, Synthmaster, Arturia synths, you name it.

QAPLA!
Old 07-18-2015, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Good luck on the refund(and even better luck on getting the BBB to help).
That's what I've been trying to get across to notedmusic in his other thread on this. Software is non-refundable once you 'open the package' (aka install it). That's in just about every EULA out there. And as to the BBB - they'll only help if the company you're filing against is a member of the BBB in the state you are filing in. The BBB is essentially toothless against non-members - been there, experienced that.

QAPLA!