Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2004, 05:37 PM

Default Hey, why DIGI make midi notes flat in 6.7...???

Hello good people here...I want say this...

Is my imagination or I see in 6.7 that DIGI make all midi notes flat? Before the midi were beautiful in 3D, but now they are flat and also bright blue! Why did they do this? Is the little things like this which make ProTools special and better than other DAWS, because ProTools is gentle and subtle on the eyes. I want see midi notes in 3D! They look ugly now!

I don't mind if DIGI want make new features but they need be careful they don't lose the special thing about ProTools which is the elegance. For me the elegant interface of ProTools is the reason I use it. The other DAWs make me sick, but ProTools is special and everything is very subtle. The colours are subtle and gentle.

All this help very much in creativity because you don't want see bright colors everytime you look at the screen. I prefer not to have too many more features in ProTools, if it mean that ProTools become like spaghetti...keep ProTools the way it is. Please DIGI don't make ProTools like a speghetti. But I know that DIGI must feel much pressure to make many features like the other DAWS especially with midi, but then they must be careful how they do this.

Okay, that is what I want say

Goodbye all good people here

Val
Old 12-03-2004, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Hey, why DIGI make midi notes flat in 6.7...???

try a bigger track height setting.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 12-03-2004, 06:00 PM

Is no good. They change it now. Bigger Track setting, smaller track setting, is all still flat, and nothing can change it. I compare the midi notes from before and I see now they are different.

I know lemix laugh, and maybe you think is small point, but I want the DIGI people to know that the big thing about ProTools which is appreciate by me and many people is the design. And my nightmare is that in one year they make all the features but the design is like spaghetti. All I say is they need be careful what they do.

Val
Old 12-04-2004, 07:39 AM

You have to check your track view...note are indeed in 3d
Old 12-04-2004, 10:55 AM

Quote:
You have to check your track view...note are indeed in 3d
No is not true...

Here is a screenshot of midi notes (how beautiful they look) in 6.4, and now here is a screenshot of how they look in 6.7. They are very flat indeed! And when I try out for myself I make sure that the Track View is set to 'notes' and they still very flat!
Old 12-04-2004, 11:08 AM

Uh.. your one screenshot is in OS X and the other in XP - the one is in region view and the other notes view

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 12-04-2004, 11:23 AM

OKay, maybe is in OS X, but look the same in Windows. I tried both versions here on Windows XP.

No, there are tracks in both screenshots which are in notes view. You must look carefully.

Val
Old 12-04-2004, 11:31 AM

They're at different sizes (hence not the same ).

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 12-04-2004, 11:57 AM

Quote:
They're at different sizes (hence not the same ).

Rail
Oh you silly billy, I tried both the versions on Windows here, and when you have everything the same then 6.4 is 3D and 6.7 is 2D. Is true, I no make this up.

All XP users you must all notice this, but you say nothing. I know you know what is true. Is hard I know, but we must face what is in front of our eyes. We cannot live in denial, we must speak out what we see, and what we see is *Flat*. Please all XP people here, you must speak out! Fear not to speak the truth. I beg you......pleeeeeeaaaaassssseeeee
Old 12-04-2004, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Hey, why DIGI make midi notes flat in 6.7...??

I really have not noticed, but I'll check when I do my session today...

BTW, Rail is about as helpful a guy as you'll ever find online. He's a high level pro engineer, and a VERY knowledgeable person on PT. You can take his advice as gospel in almost every situation I can think of.

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.