Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 09-23-2012, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Jetway NAF93 Q77

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopplah View Post
Hey Brad, any luck with that NAF93-Q77?
Hey man... sorry for the delay. I do not get notified when people reply for some reason.

I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Best Systems and Components for Win HD/TDM

Can someone recommend a PC in a rackmount as opposed to tower? I prefer the look of it.

And Dear Digidesign, can you make it easier for us to purchase our PC? What a nightmare. You have a short list of "supported" PCs such as Dell & HP workstations, but this restricts us very much. Would you please add more manufacturers or at list break it down to supported motherboards, chipsets and other components all on one page?

Its also imperative that the computers you recommend be the quiestest on the market. Is this the case with the HP Z Workstations that you recommend?

Thanks alot
Old 10-10-2012, 05:48 AM

Looks like there is a lot of potential for HD2 and HD3 systems with the new Asus H61 and Q77 boards

PT10HD5 PCIX in 64Bit Magma Chassis,
2x192io's + 2x96io's & Legacy io's
Pro Control & Fader Pack
UAD2 Quad, Octo & All Plugins
Black Lion Audio Modified MOTU 24io and 2408MK3 x2
TC Powercore PCI MK2 x2 & Firewire

Softube, Sonnox, Eventide, SSL, McDSP, Waves
Old 12-30-2012, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Hi all!
Very long time since updating the thread.
I will try to review and update the first post to reflect the new systems. Would anyone mind a PM or two to confirm details if needed please?
Hi Nikki..Long time no talk!! What's the latest nowadays to run a HD3 or 4. Any best suggestions for i7 3rd gen motherboards etc. I can change to PCIe from PCIx at no cost so that may be the best plan..Running Win 7 64bit etc..?

Hope to hear from you.

Big D (Duncan Downunder)
3 x WD500gig SATA, 1 x WD1T32mb SATA cache Green
NVIDIA Geforce 7300le,
Command 8,HD2,192,Massive Pack 4
Windows 7 64 bit PTHD 9
Old 01-12-2013, 11:14 AM

This looks like the one for me, Anyone tried it?

4x consecutive PCI slots , B75 chipset (Gigabyte - Hackintosh Friendly)

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=4204#dl

Pro Control & Fader Pack

Old 04-22-2013, 05:08 AM

You will have to modify the Heatsink.....
I have gone for the Jetaway Q77, hopefully building an HD4... slowly building it and waiting for a few of the components to come down in price...

Ivy Bridge 6 core for example oh and SSD`s.
Now,
With 1 HD card and 3 Accel ,32 gig of ram, six 10,000 rpm SCSI drives rewire/ reaper and the other native 64 bit applications, there will be very little I cannot achieve.

This has been my last investment into Digidesign/Avid , I refuse to outlay multi thousands of dollars to replace what I already have. 64 bit or not.
I have been with Digi since sound tools, through newbus, sample cell, mixplus systems and finally HD.
Here is my take on the future.
I am a sole trader who has also been a full time employee in the Broadcast Television arena. All my equipment has payed for itself through post work , sparse feature work but mostly from royalties from synchronisation rights frrom music I have composed.
The reality is the music industry In Australia has just about run it`s course.
Broadcasters don`t have the budget to outsource music and they "borrow" and apologise later.
The internet has changed the playing field and offshore investment in our media companies as well as bed sharing with Sony BMG and their incidental music division has shrunk the income pool even further.
The exponential growth of computers in my opinion (as far as audio goes) means that by the time this computer has run it`s course with Pro Tools 10.x (5 years?) The HDX hardware will be absolutely irrelevant.
For my purposes I thank Digidesign for all their wonderful creativity, but I feel with company`s like Ableton, Celemony and the folks at Reaper as well as Native instruments ....I`m afraid dear Avid .... the bell is tolling
Old 05-01-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Rigby View Post
You will have to modify the Heatsink.....
I have gone for the Jetaway Q77, hopefully building an HD4... slowly building it and waiting for a few of the components to come down in price...

Ivy Bridge 6 core for example oh and SSD`s.
Now,
With 1 HD card and 3 Accel ,32 gig of ram, six 10,000 rpm SCSI drives rewire/ reaper and the other native 64 bit applications, there will be very little I cannot achieve.

This has been my last investment into Digidesign/Avid , I refuse to outlay multi thousands of dollars to replace what I already have. 64 bit or not.
I have been with Digi since sound tools, through newbus, sample cell, mixplus systems and finally HD.
Here is my take on the future.
I am a sole trader who has also been a full time employee in the Broadcast Television arena. All my equipment has payed for itself through post work , sparse feature work but mostly from royalties from synchronisation rights frrom music I have composed.
The reality is the music industry In Australia has just about run it`s course.
Broadcasters don`t have the budget to outsource music and they "borrow" and apologise later.
The internet has changed the playing field and offshore investment in our media companies as well as bed sharing with Sony BMG and their incidental music division has shrunk the income pool even further.
The exponential growth of computers in my opinion (as far as audio goes) means that by the time this computer has run it`s course with Pro Tools 10.x (5 years?) The HDX hardware will be absolutely irrelevant.
For my purposes I thank Digidesign for all their wonderful creativity, but I feel with company`s like Ableton, Celemony and the folks at Reaper as well as Native instruments ....I`m afraid dear Avid .... the bell is tolling
So Hows the build Bill ?

Pro Control & Fader Pack