Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2014, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Arturia Vox Continental in P Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You may have installed what you think was a vst plugin it also probably installed an RTAS version as well which is common. This is why you don't see them in PT11 as that doesn't support RTAS anymore. Once again - PT does not, never has, and never will support vst format plugins.

This is all, of course, if you're not running a hacked version of PT
not correct. I also have a VST wrapper by FXexpansion and have used it for years. My VST plugs also show up exactly as his does. I am not running cracked software. The VST wrapper doesnt work with every VST and sometimes it is limited. But it does work. And many used it with Pro Tools. Some of the VST plugs i use, dont even have an RTAS version. Pro Tools made AAX to get past the 32 bit limitation with RTAS had. Nothing more, nothing less.

While Pro Tools does not support VST plugs, it also didnt support Pro Tools 10 on Mavericks which i also currently run, or Pro Tools 8 on Snow Leopard or Mountain Lion, which i also ran. Not supporting does not mean it wont work. It just means that they are not responsible if it doesnt work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
Jack is correct. Pro Tools doesn't and never has supported VST plugins, period. Also, now version 11 only supports AAX plugins, no RTAS. You can confirm this information anywhere.
you are correct in that they dont support them, but you are not correct if you are implying they did not work within Pro Tools.

The FXexpansion wrapper worked very well for hosting VST plugs inside of Pro Tools.

perhaps you guys missed out??

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=15

Chris

http://soundcloud.com/regenerationmix

http://twitter.com/regenerationmix

MacBook Pro, 2.4GHZ, 16GB, Intel Core i7, Mac OS 10.9.1 128 SSD internal HD, 750 GB Internal HD, Pro Tools 10.3.8, Digidesign 003r, Waves 8.0, Final Cut Pro 7
Old 12-23-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegenerationMix View Post
not correct. I also have a VST wrapper by FXexpansion and have used it for years. My VST plugs also show up exactly as his does. I am not running cracked software. The VST wrapper doesnt work with every VST and sometimes it is limited. But it does work. And many used it with Pro Tools. Some of the VST plugs i use, dont even have an RTAS version. Pro Tools made AAX to get past the 32 bit limitation with RTAS had. Nothing more, nothing less.

While Pro Tools does not support VST plugs, it also didnt support Pro Tools 10 on Mavericks which i also currently run, or Pro Tools 8 on Snow Leopard or Mountain Lion, which i also ran. Not supporting does not mean it wont work. It just means that they are not responsible if it doesnt work.

you are correct in that they dont support them, but you are not correct if you are implying they did not work within Pro Tools.

The FXexpansion wrapper worked very well for hosting VST plugs inside of Pro Tools.

perhaps you guys missed out??

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=15

Chris
You are confusing things. Wrapping plugins is one thing and the poster (briaboy) claims he's both wrapped vst plugins for use in PT and also he supposedly has vst plugins running natively (unwrapped) in PT10 and earlier. And this is also completely different than PT10 not being supported in Mavericks. PT10 as you noted runs in Mavericks.

Nobody is questioning using the fxpansion wrapper to wrap vst plugins to run in PT. What is being questioned, and you missed it, is the ability to run vst plugins without first being wrapped (or using Blue Cat MB7-2 or Patchwork).

I never said you were running hacked (cracked is different) software. That was lobbed at briaboy. That would be the only way to 'natively' run vst's in PT any version.

QAPLA!
Old 12-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Admin Emeritus

Back on topic somewhat...

I had mentioned earlier that I had upgraded from the Arturia V Collection 3 to V Collection 4 a few weeks ago.

This last weekend I ran the Arturia Software Center.app (in the Applications/Arturia folder on Mac), and I was surprised to find updates for every one of the instruments in V4 except for Spark, which I think I updated in the interim.

In any case, if you have an Arturia product that uses their new authorization system, run that software center app to check for updates. Not sure they will show up in the regular updates web page on the Arturia site.

As you were.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post

I had mentioned earlier that I had upgraded from the Arturia V Collection 3 to V Collection 4 a few weeks ago.

This last weekend I ran the Arturia Software Center.app (in the Applications/Arturia folder on Mac), and I was surprised to find updates for every one of the instruments in V4 except for Spark, which I think I updated in the interim.

In any case, if you have an Arturia product that uses their new authorization system, run that software center app to check for updates. Not sure they will show up in the regular updates web page on the Arturia site.

As you were.
And for anyone that has an old install of Analog Lab you may run into an issue with the three new synths in V Collection 4 (Vox Continental, Matrix 12 and Solina) not showing any presets. If you do delete the existing Analog Lab install and reinstall Analog Lab with the newest build which should come through ASC. I had that issue and one of the Arturia people on their forum had me do that and that solved the issue.

Everything now uses the new ASC. So say you have maybe 3 synths like I did (Moog Modular, Moog Mini and CS80) it will prompt you to update to the latest version so you can use the new dongle-less authorization system. No need to delete the old elicenser software if you don't want to but I did anyway after getting the new downloads installed and authorized.

QAPLA!
Old 12-23-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I just noticed this, too. Each plugin has an update, and, today, even Spark is included. It's good to see Arturia jumping on this. I have no idea *what* was updated but I'll roll the dice and install each of them.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:

As you were.
Is anything meant to be happening when using this app

When I click on it from the launchpad (ie;mac) .....,the only apparent activity i see happening is it jumps to my dock and then does nothing from here ???(even if I click on it in the dock)
Old 12-23-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:

As you were.

When I click on it from the launchpad (ie;in mac) .....,the only apparent activity i see happening is the app jumps to my dock - and then does nothing from here ???(even if I click on it in the dock)
Old 12-24-2014, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
I just noticed this, too. Each plugin has an update, and, today, even Spark is included. It's good to see Arturia jumping on this. I have no idea *what* was updated but I'll roll the dice and install each of them.
The updates were so the new authorization system (no more dongle or soft elicenser anymore) can be used. Some of the synths may have other bug fix updates as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam green View Post

When I click on it from the launchpad (ie;mac) .....,the only apparent activity i see happening is it jumps to my dock and then does nothing from here ???(even if I click on it in the dock)
To use the ASC your daw has to be online. It's the entry point to the new authorization system. It also handles all updates from now on, sort of like NI Service Center.

I find it funny it's the same acronym as Avid Support Code

QAPLA!
Old 12-24-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You are confusing things. Wrapping plugins is one thing and the poster (briaboy) claims he's both wrapped vst plugins for use in PT and also he supposedly has vst plugins running natively (unwrapped) in PT10 and earlier. And this is also completely different than PT10 not being supported in Mavericks. PT10 as you noted runs in Mavericks.

Nobody is questioning using the fxpansion wrapper to wrap vst plugins to run in PT. What is being questioned, and you missed it, is the ability to run vst plugins without first being wrapped (or using Blue Cat MB7-2 or Patchwork).

I never said you were running hacked (cracked is different) software. That was lobbed at briaboy. That would be the only way to 'natively' run vst's in PT any version.
Nope - I'm running the fxpansion vst wrapper. Even before I used it, PT10 was recognizing my vst plugins (not just the RTAS ones).
Old 12-24-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briaboy View Post
Nope - I'm running the fxpansion vst wrapper. Even before I used it, PT10 was recognizing my vst plugins (not just the RTAS ones).
But you're not running vst plugins native as that's an impossibility and all along you've been saying that you run vst plugins without using the fxpansion wrapper inside PT. Get with it - PT cannot, has not, and never will run vst plugins without some sort of wrapper. Your continued assertion that PT prior to version 11 can run vst without being wrapped has damaged any credibility you may have had here.

QAPLA!