How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2011, 04:33 AM

Default Eucon disables Windows remote desktop

Hello everybody,

When I run Windows 7 remote desktop it freezes when eucon is running. When I disable eucon the remote desktop works without a problem. I've been racking my brains til the early hours and I'm still not sure what's causing this. Please can anyone help or Digi/Avid support do you know please?

Thank you very much
J
Old 08-27-2011, 04:55 AM

Default Re: Eucon disables Windows remote desktop

In addition, when I boot up I get "MC_Client detected a network problem and will now exit. Please check your network settings and connections. Bad or null corba POA".

Within a few seconds another message pops up, "Eucon network services could not be started. There was a problem with the current network configuration that could not be resolved". When I restart my computer, I get this message again. Occassionally I do not, but I haven't changed a thing.

Can anybody help please? Thank you
Old 08-31-2011, 09:58 AM

Hi,

today I had the same problem when booting up Win7 64-Bit - getting a network-error from MC_Client.exe. (v2.6.1 64-Bit)

First I tested shutting down the windows-firewall which seems to work fine after the next reboot. But then after the next one - again it didn't work.

As the erromessage comes right at the very start of Windows booting up - just when the desktop icons arrive on the windows-desktop - the network might not just be completely ready - so the errormessage could derive from that.

I then tested delaying the start of the 3 Euphonix Programms
"C:\Program Files\Euphonix\EuCon\EuConStart.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Euphonix\EuCon\EuControl.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Euphonix\EuCon\MC_Client.exe"
I moved them out of the Windows Autostart-Folder into a batch-file, which now starts a little later after the network has settled. You could even move the programms to the desktop and start them manually.

Now it works just fine - even with the windows firewall compeltely enabled,
just as before the v2.6.1 Update - which is and works, by the way, really great.

Hope that helps - cheers
Old 08-31-2011, 11:24 AM

Hi ActiveEar, thank you so much for the information you've supplied. Could you please tell me how you moved the Eucon start files out of the Windows Autostart-Folder into a batch-file as I would really like to try that.

For anyone interested in the remote desktop freezing I was experiencing on Windows 7. I disabled Eucon on the slave machine (rather than on both machines) and that cured the problem. It seemed trying to use remote desktop with Eucon active on both machines at the same time was causing the problem.

Thank you
Old 08-31-2011, 12:17 PM

Hi,

sure - you go to the following folder using the windows-explorer (fileviewer)
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Wi ndows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
and move the three Euphonix-related files to your windows desktop simply using drag-and-drop with your mouse.

Or you click the round windows logo on the lower left of your screen - programs - autostart and do a drag-and-drop of the program-short-cuts to your desktop - one by one.

The next time you boot up your machine you just need to double-click the 3 icons on your desktop one-by-one and all should be fine.

I hope that helps - and works as well cheers
Old 10-14-2011, 04:08 AM

Just saying a thanks for this thread - I was getting the same problem, so created a little batch file on a 5 second delay, seems to work perfectly!