Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2003, 05:32 PM

Default Dverb and Panning (2) questions

I have a couple of questions I would like to get help on.

1. I have Dverb installed on my computer using a floppy to authorize. When I start up pro tools and it goes through the start up procedure it chunks alot on the floppy drive. It started this after installing my Dverb auth. If I download the update for Dverb off of the site and reinstall using it. Will this go over my other installed Dverb and will I have any problems or do I have to unistall the Dverb from my DAE folder or what. I don't want to lose my Dverb plugin.

2. This might sound like a silly question, but when I try to pan a track in the mixer window I am not sure it is working. If I pan to the left I hear the track and if I pan to the right I lose the sound. Is there something I need turned on to be able to hear the panning correctly? I believe it worked when I bounced to disk but I am unable to hear a difference using headphones or speakers when I try to pan while I am listening to tracks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also I appreciate all the information on this sight. Looks like we have alot of talented professionals out there. I also checked out Dabastard's web site link and I really enjoyed it. If anyone else has some links I would also like to check them out, to see what their studios look like and any mp3's and background information. It is inspirational to us beginners. Thanks alot.