Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-12-2014, 08:47 PM

Default to set up my gears

want to request some information to set up my gears for my upcoming recording studio.

I have - M Audio Profire 2626, Steinberg MR 816 CSX and Yamaha 01V.

I want to record (estimate) 15 simultaneous tracks in Pro Tools by using those gears. (8 tracks for Drums, 2 tracks for Vocals, 2 tracks for Guitars, 1 track for Bass and 2 tracks for KB)

And I need - 1 Monitor (pair) out, 3 Headphones out.

Any suggestion for that?

Thank you.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:54 AM

Default Re: to set up my gears

I would start simple and build as you go. Start with the manuals for the Steinberg and for the Profire 2626 because one of them will need to be the main interface, and the other will need to have the 8 analog inputs to be routed directly to the ADAT output. I don't know how that is done on either and one might be simpler than the other for making that assignment. Then you would connect the ADAT(lightpipe) output of the "slave" to the ADAT input of the master interface. You will also need to set Pro Tools(in Setup>Hardware) to use ADAT or Optical as the clock source, AND to use the correct unit as the interface(the slave unit will only appear in Pro Tools as inputs 9 thru 16). Once you have all 16 inputs actually working in Pro Tools, only then would I add the Yamaha as a peripheral and try to make it work as a HUI device.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave