Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-06-2006, 09:46 PM

Default Adjust Bounds - crossfades

I know this has been posted before but it seems nobody came up with an answer...

When i try to do a crossfade between two audio parts the "adjust bound" sign pops-up... if i choose adjust bound it creates the crossfade - more like a pre-fade - and it modifies the audio waveform...

There is audio on the end of the first and on the beginning of the second region...

The first region is time-shifted... i don't know if that has something to do with it... hope someone knows the answer to this!!
Old 10-07-2006, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Adjust Bounds - crossfades

When you time shift a region its essentially creating a new region, so what you see there is what you have. When you go to do the crossfade there is no extra audio to work with so it compensates by doing the crossfade with what you have. Hope that makes sense. On top of that if you put together two regions that have been time shifted it's not possible to do a crossfade.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:47 AM

Thanks for the help...

Just one thing... if the time shifted region is a new "normal" audio region why can't the system apply a crossfade to it... if i consolidate... then separate.. i should be able to create crossfade... i'm surprised i didn't try that... how does that sound to you?
Old 10-07-2006, 06:49 PM

If the time shifted region has enough audio at the end of it (the length of the crossfade) and the other track also has enough audio at the beginning of it, there is no reason a normal crossfade should not work.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:28 PM

I did the consolidate then the crossfade an now its working fine... thanks a bunch for the help!!!