Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2014, 05:49 PM

Default Waves v9 with Venue issues

Hello, Im having some problems getting my Venue Profile to see my waves licenses. I have installed waves v9 for venue but towards the end of the install i get all kind of errors. When i use my usb stick with licenses the profile is not seeing any licenses, its sees my usb stick. I have been doing everything through The USB port on my Mixrack.

Not sure if it makes a difference but profile is on v3. And I'm downloading waves v9 and licenses from a mac. Im going to try to do it all from a PC and try again tomorrow. Ive never seen anyone have any issues and i leave for tour in 3 weeks and will be using a profile.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Again!
Old 09-27-2014, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Waves v9 with Venue issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innerfear3 View Post
Hello, Im having some problems getting my Venue Profile to see my waves licenses. I have installed waves v9 for venue but towards the end of the install i get all kind of errors. When i use my usb stick with licenses the profile is not seeing any licenses, its sees my usb stick. I have been doing everything through The USB port on my Mixrack.

Not sure if it makes a difference but profile is on v3. And I'm downloading waves v9 and licenses from a mac. Im going to try to do it all from a PC and try again tomorrow. Ive never seen anyone have any issues and i leave for tour in 3 weeks and will be using a profile.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Again!
Be sure you download VENUE version of the installer. Here are the instructions you should follow. If that fails, contact Waves support, they are known to be helpful and respond pretty quickly. http://www.waves.com/downloads/venue
Old 09-04-2015, 02:07 PM

Im having the same issue with recent wave's plugin purchases (API 550, LoAir and C6 in specific). The profile console will not see my licenses and keeps asking to rescan, I have installed Waves V9 as well on the console just in case. Moreover, I bought a brand new USB stick 32Gz formatted to FAT32 still no solution. If anyone has gone through something similar please advice. I should also mention that a WAVES rep that was with us on tour couldnt figure it out.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Avid

Hi,

This can be caused by a USB installer that's been infected with a virus. Re-format the USB key, re-download the Waves installer (so you know it's clean), and then ensure the console you're installing it on is also clean.

more info on malware and what to do can be found here:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nd-Malware-FAQ

Sheldon