Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-28-2012, 12:31 AM

Exclamation Avid Mbox flashing leds

This weekend was spent making music in a cottage in the swedish countryside, but that was nearly ruined by my Mbox (3:rd gen) suddenly going american christmas on us when I switched mics from one condenser to another. All the leds were flashing like it does when first starting up, but it didn't stop flashing.

We eventually tried connecting it to an old PC just to see what happened, and the flashing stopped! Reconnected to my mac, and it worked again! This happened once more during the eveneng and I could only "reset" it by connecting it to the other PC. Nothing else worked; leaving the mbox disconnected for a while, rebooting, booting the mac into Windows...

Is there another way to reset the Mbox in case there is no other computer around? I should probably not switch mices like that with phantom power on, right, but if I do, is there a way?

Thanks!

/Henrik
Old 03-28-2012, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Avid Mbox flashing leds

Not sure about the new ones, but I know when the original mboxes did this, the fix was to run a firmware updater for them.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 04-02-2012, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Avid Mbox flashing leds

Yeah I think I read that somewhere when I was searching the duc for help when it happened. But I can't find any FW update utility for the 3rd gen mboxes.