Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2010, 10:13 PM

Default Bought PT9 from avid store - wont appear in downloads section???

As the title says - in my products not yet downloaded section it says 'No products found' - but the purchase is clearly listed in the My Orders area.

It was a crossgrade from LE that I purchased.

Any ideas where I could be making user error here? Or is it an AVID store mistake more likely?

I know this may be the wrong place for this post, but I have already emailed the store provider and any help would be appreciated....

Cheers

Sam
Old 11-14-2010, 01:48 AM

Default Re: Bought PT9 from avid store - wont appear in downloads section???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam H View Post
As the title says - in my products not yet downloaded section it says 'No products found' - but the purchase is clearly listed in the My Orders area.

It was a crossgrade from LE that I purchased.

Any ideas where I could be making user error here? Or is it an AVID store mistake more likely?

I know this may be the wrong place for this post, but I have already emailed the store provider and any help would be appreciated....

Cheers

Sam

Hi,

Have you activated your purchase yet? you need to go to your digi account and register and activate your new purchase using the activation code that the Digi store should have sent you in an email.

during the activation process you'll need to enter your ilok name for the ilok auth and you'll need to enter your hardware serial number from your digi interface.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:10 AM
Administrator

You need to complete the activation process.

1 - Go back to your account at http://account.avid.com

2 - Click on View Order History

3 - Click on the button that says "View Order"
next to: "Pro Tools 9 Crossgrade from LE/M-Powered - LE to Pro Tools 9 Crossgrade (Dwnld) (1)"

4 - On your Order Confirmation/Receipt, scroll down to Next Steps and follow the instructions:
Quote:
Next Steps

Download Products

Pro Tools 9 Crossgrade from LE/M-Powered -- LE to Pro Tools 9 Crossgrade (Dwnld)

Please note, an iLok USB Smart Key (sold separately) is required to use Pro Tools 9, and can be purchased at shop.avid.com or from an Avid Reseller. New iLok users will need to create a free account at www.ilok.com before accessing their software. The account ID you select will need to be entered before downloading your products.

To download and authorize your new Pro Tools 9 software:
1. Click the download button.
2. Enter your iLok ID in the text field.
3. Choose your current Pro Tools hardware system from the pop-up menu.
4. Enter your hardware serial number (check the back of your interface) in the field provided.
5. Fill in and submit your registration info.
6. Log in to your iLok.com account and download your Pro Tools 9 license to your iLok.

For information on how to install your new software, please review the Pro Tools 9 Software Installation Guide (PDF).

Activation/Download Instructions

1. How do I activate, register, and download my digital products?

To activate, register, and download your new software just follow these simple steps:

Click the blue “Download Products” button on your order confirmation page. This button also appears in the confirmation email that is sent to you. Depending on the set up of your browser, you may be asked to log in, so please enter the same login/password used during checkout. If you purchased multiple digital products in your order, you will then see a page with all your digital products here. Click on the grey “Download Now” buttons for each product in order to obtain your download files.

Follow the instructions on the site which will guide you through a 2-step registration and activation process. Once you have completed these steps you will receive your product and all associated downloads.

If you need to retrieve your product or downloads in the future, simply log in to your account at account.avid.com.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:58 AM

that would be one dot too much in the above link......

so: https://account.avid.com/
Old 11-14-2010, 05:24 AM

Thanks - I got no such confirmation email from Avid which I thought strange - but I will have another go. Cheers

sam
Old 11-14-2010, 05:36 AM

OK - so I had another look. The issue is - just as i stated in my OP - when I click on the blue download button in my order confirmation in my account (Step 1) then there are no products found. Also I haven't received any email confirmation/receipt from Avid store after my purchase and therefore have no activation code. And yes i HAVE checked my junkmail :)

I am assuming this must be an issue with the webshop....hopefully someone will answer my support email and help...I hate hangin around waiting for stuff I have payed for
Old 11-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Hi Sam,
I have verified that what you are seeing is not a problem on your end, checked it out all the way through and there is some sort of error. I've escalated this to the web store and asked them to look into it ASAP.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:24 PM

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2010, 05:32 PM

How long does it usually take for the store to rectify these issues? I haven't heard a peep from them yet....
Old 11-14-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam H View Post
How long does it usually take for the store to rectify these issues? I haven't heard a peep from them yet....
It may not be the answer you want to hear but I suspect that store personel may not be available until normal buisness hours monday.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88