Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 04-25-2023, 04:05 AM

Default VCA spilling + EQ knobs loosing control

Losing ability to grab EQ parameters on the fly if another EQ has been opened after spilling a VCA. Once another EQ has been opened elsewhere on the surface, the knobs stop responding to touch or changes. In particular the LMF and HMF parameters are consistently unable to regain control.

Currently using Eucon 2022.9 although it hasn't worked on the version before or on 2022.12. Using this in conjunction with PT 2022.10.

Open to any and all suggestions.
Old 04-25-2023, 05:02 AM
Avid

Default Re: VCA spilling + EQ knobs loosing control

Greetings,

All knobs in (an expanded?) dedicated EQ (magenta) stop working - or just specific parameters? Are you using custom knob maps for this function type? If so, I would first try and default all that particular function. Are you also saying that the encoders work just fine if you bank to said track and access EQ vs spilling a member of the group?

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 05-10-2023, 04:39 AM

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the confusion I realise I didn't necessarily explain the step by step.

1. I have a layout and I start changing the automation of my EQ parameters, say for example my 'LMF Gain - Channel Strip' on a master fader.

2. I then spill into the left spill zone from a VCA in my layout and start changing the parameters of another separate EQ belonging to an audio track belonging to the VCA and the EQ parameters work.

3. When I then come back to the first EQ I opened (belonging to the master fader) and started automating the 'LMF Gain - channel strip' again the knob has lost functionality and cannot be changed until the EQ button from the Processing Module is pressed. It acts as a reset.

To answer your question more specifically, it does not stop functioning on all parameters HMF and HF sometimes remain functional but the parameters that seem to be particularly effected seem to be the LMF & LF parameters.
Old 05-10-2023, 06:54 AM
Avid

I presume the EQ parameters that stop working can occur on any of your knob modules, correct? If you have custom maps loaded for any of these plug-ins can you try and default (Factory All) for that function and see if the issues persist? Based on your description of the issue I'm not able to reproduce that behavior with current versions on my systems.

If all of your issues revolve around the dedicated (magenta) EQ view - simply try and default that function.

Thanks.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 05-11-2023, 07:42 AM
Avid

This may be a bug we just fixed for 23.6 (June)
Old 06-21-2023, 06:26 AM

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the update! Do you mean this is fixed in the new Pro Tools 2023.6 or there is a release for S6 2023.6 that is due to drop. Very excited to have this fixed.

Many Thanks,
Sarah
Old 06-21-2023, 08:33 AM
Avid

New EUCON release...hopefully next week.
Old 08-30-2023, 01:46 AM

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the reply and the update of course!

I just had a chance to upgrade both PT and Eucon Version to 2023.6 and I'm still finding that the issue is persisting. I have even got the problem to occur with just 2 audio tracks ( and 1 VCA). If one audio track - audio A has an EQ open and then audio B is spilled from a VCA when this EQ is opened and adjusted, audio A's EQ becomes unable to function if you try and adjust it's settings.

LO Gain and LM Gain on channel strip seem to be particularly consistent when trying to replicate the issue.

Wonder if you had any more thoughts on the matter?

Many Thanks,
DucDuc Goose
Old 08-30-2023, 06:52 AM
Avid

Thanks for the info. I was able to reproduce that exact issue here as well. We will get it logged and documented.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ