Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-07-2001, 08:26 AM

Default How do you keep selection after playback stops?

When I stop looped playback, I lose my region selection (I have to re-select the region). How can I set up PT so it keeps the selection even if playback is stopped?

Thanks
Old 04-07-2001, 09:08 AM

Default Re: How do you keep selection after playback stops?

I think you have "Insertion follows playback" selected in prefs...disable it, and I think that will do it..
Old 04-07-2001, 09:31 AM

Thanks ppine, that did it, but now I have another question. I initially selected "insertion follows playback" so that the playhead wouldn't return to the beginning of the region. Is there a way to set PT up so that it keeps the selection, but playback starts where you left off?

Thanks again!
Old 04-07-2001, 01:13 PM

NO
SK
Old 04-07-2001, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Noiz2:
NO
SK
OOPS I'm wrong already I think....If you have the time line select seperate from the edit select then have cursor folow playback you might have just what you want.
SK
Old 04-07-2001, 04:14 PM

Here’s how I deal with this. I turn off "insertion Chases Playback". I then go to "Setups" , ""Preferences" , "Editing" and turn off "Recall Original Track Selections". This is my default for my session. So it only needs to be done once.

I then go to select the potion in question and select it. Now capture a memory point. This is done by typing in a number followed by the "Enter" key (EX. "1[Enter] makes it Memory Location 1). Now you can recall this selection whenever you want.

Go ahead and hit play. If you hear something that you don’t like, hit the down arrow key BEFORE you stop the Pro Tools. This puts the insertion point near the offending sound. Now you can edit away. When your done and you want to go back to the top, recall your memory point. This is done by typing the number and the "." Key (Example. "1" [Enter]. This is a very flexible way to work in Pro Tools. Good luck.