Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2000, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Loop selection

Yes This is very Cool but is there a Key Command that will let you nudge the Blue Markers in the Timeline without it being linked to the Edit selection?

------------------
[email protected]
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>The Greatest Risk in Life is Doing Nothing<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 10-02-2000, 12:18 AM

Default Loop selection

Just discovered:When you make a selection in the TIMELINE when looping back audio, ProTools responds to the change immediately!You just drag the blue markers and there you go, don't have to stop and restart playback!Oh,maybe many of you allready knew this...

Zeus
Old 10-03-2000, 07:31 AM

Off topic but...
Dog BBQ,
When would you separate the edit selection from the timeline? I have never used PT this way.

Since there are so many short cuts, etc. made for this purpose, it has to be advantageous, but I'm to "slow and/or set in my ways" to figure it out. Any enlightenment will be MUCH appreciated.

Frank
Old 10-04-2000, 12:12 AM

As per Loops - is it just me, or does your selected Loop region de-select itself whenever you stop playback, regardless of whether "Link edit/timeline" is checked or not...?
And I still can't figure out how you can quickly and efficiently audition just a single highlighted region of a single track, without having that region deselect immediately, or without playing all the other tracks. Basically - how come Pro Tools doesn't seem to work the same way when it comes to previewing and playing highlighted regions the way as I remember Sound Designer doing it...?
Old 10-05-2000, 09:10 AM

Spigots, separating the two lets you listen wherever you want without losing your selection. I use it all the time.
Old 10-05-2000, 09:12 AM

knewbee, you have to click in the right place in the timeline. I don't have PT open right now, but click around and you'll see where it does and doesn't deselect.
Old 10-05-2000, 02:47 PM

Thanks Nick