Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 11-18-2009, 02:45 PM

Default Omnisphere, Trilian - must press play to hear patch

I've searched the DUC before posting and can't find anything on this.

System: PT 8.0.1cs1 HD3, 192 I/O, Mac Pro 8 core, OS X 10.5.8, 10GB RAM, Omnisphere 1.1.4c, Trilian 1.1.4c, libraries on very fast external drives

Problem: I insert Omnisphere or Trilian on a stereo Instrument track. When loading patches, I wait until the patch has fully loaded. Then I try to play the patch on the keyboard. No sound. I press play and stop on the PT transport. Now the patch plays. I purchased Omnisphere when it was first released. I have had Trilian for a couple of weeks. This problem has existed for the whole time I have had these products.

Anyone else see this?

Thanks
raw
Old 11-18-2009, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Omnisphere, Trilian - must press play to hear patch

bump.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieboss1 View Post
bump.
Hi,

I haven't had much time to investigate lately, but i found i had to click on the audio input field to get it to play yes quite bizarre, but i tried several times and nothing till i click in that area etc. but i haven't used it yet just loaded it up to check it worked.

Is there an update from the original installer? i haven't checked but there might be!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:10 AM

Trillian work fine for me in this respect. Trilogy did require to assign an input, but this is not the case in Trillian in my experience.

Paul
Old 11-21-2009, 09:00 PM

Actually the behaviour is a bit less predictable than I initially indicated.

Sometimes a patch will load and play ok - perhaps 20%-50% of the time. But sometimes it loads and just doesn't play until the play/stop transport is pressed.

And sometimes the patch loads and plays, but then after a couple of seconds the patch stutters and replays a couple of times, then stops. At this point it no longer plays until the play/stop transport is pressed.

I am using the latest plug-in update downloads from Spectrasonics which are newer than those found on the install DVDs.

This behaviour makes using Omnisphere and Trilian on PT HD really problematic.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:57 AM

I have the same problem with Omnisphere and Trillian and the problem is more serious now I am on PT 8.0.1, I already had this problem sometimes with 7.4.1 but now it happens nearly everytime I use one of these two plugs....maybe it is a RAM problem; I don't know....

Does anyone else have this problem ?
Old 12-20-2009, 11:31 PM

I'm trying to use Trilian and Omnisphere in PT LE 8.03 on 003r+. 8GB on Mac Pro Nehalem 2.93ghz Quad.

Omnisphere worked in the past and now sorta OK on its own, but since installing Trilian its latest updates the audio cuts in and out, its readme says supports full RTAS CPU Processors, but I still find that reducing the number seems to help. I'm talking 1 instance of Omnisphere, 1 track session in PT 8.03

If you go to Spectrasonics website, they have some pretty specific instructions on installtion and thats where I'm at now.
http://support.spectrasonics.net/viewtopic.php?t=301
Wish I would have know about this BEFORE all the installing and hair pulling!
hoping badly this solves my issues if I actually read before I just go installing 40GB of stuff all over again.

I might just rip it all out and spend another weekend trying it again, because I just lost 2 days with almost no progress. Stylus RMX is working fine on the other hand.

They sound so good, but I'm getting beat down at the effort, authorization and all this installing processor. I get lots of missing file messages and permission issues.. sigh. Just dont even know where to start with fixing these plug-ins.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:45 PM

Anyone else get Crackling sounds that are in every patch? Sora like a clicking clock or background distortion? I'm noticing this only in Omnisphere for the last 2 days, tried adjusting PT playback Engine and Omnisphere settings with no luck so far.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premo View Post
tried adjusting PT playback Engine and Omnisphere settings with no luck so far.
That's what I would have tried. I think I already know the answer, but have you played with the preload size in Omnishpere, and have you tried the highest buffer setting in ProTools?
Old 12-21-2009, 10:46 AM

Spectrasonics plugins can do this. Even some Native Instruments plugins require a little boost to get going.

At seemingly random times, you have to hit play to get them to pass audio again. There may even be other plugins that need this kind of kick start - I can't remember who all is guilty.