Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2020, 05:32 PM

Default Missing edited clips from some tracks, not others. HELP!!!

Somehow, I must have deleted clips that I already edited. I have a 20 track session. 10 of the edited tracks are missing the first 10 minutes of edited clips. The other tracks are still there with all the edits. How do I locate the clips that were edited originally and get them back into the correct place in the session. I do NOT want to have to edit all over again. Using MacOs Pro Tools 2020.3
Old 05-21-2020, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Missing edited clips from some tracks, not others. HELP!!!

Yikes! Good luck with this one!

What happened? Was there any other drive connected that is now NOT connected(even a USB stick)? Are they in the trash bin? Are they gone from the EDIT window or are they grey'd out? If they are grey'd out, maybe you can manually relink?(see youtube for help on how to do that). If they are just plain gone, you may have to redo(but at least you have the original audio). If you do end up redoing the edits, cover your ASSets by consolidating and exporting to a second location(and maybe also do a Save Session Copy, and store to another drive, in case something is failing on your current audio drive)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave