Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2013, 06:07 AM

Default Multi-Out Synth tempate and Session Data import issue.

I ran into this issue last night as I was trying to get myself organized for future sessions. (I'm a new PT11 user.)

Quoted from the PT Windows forum:

Quote:
I've created a session template to use with Superior drummer. Using the mulit out mode I've got 16 stereo aux tracks with all the kit components sent to them with all my favourite plugins on them etc. The only problem is when I try to import the session data all the inputs on the aux tracks have the correct i/o assignment but they are greyed out.

If I right click on the I/O and choose "Make active" it says "The input could not be made active because the input is forced inactive".

When importing the session data the "Track data import" "input Assignments" item is checked.

If I reassign the I/O everything works fine but the defeats the propose as creating the track assignments is the majority of the work.
I'm trying to determine if this is a PT issue or a Superior Drummer issue. I manifested the same issue in EZdrummer as well.

If you have a multi-out softsynth (I suppose a drum sampler would be the prime target) are you able to set up a multi-out session template and then import it without the inputs becoming inactive?
Old 11-27-2013, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Multi-Out Synth tempate and Session Data import issue.

I've seen the same thing here. All the track inputs that SHOULD be fed by SD2 are greyed out.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-27-2013, 07:52 AM

This is a LOOOOONG standing bug, I remember it going back to 7.4 I believe or 8 for sure...

shft+cmd+opt is your best friend here.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
I've seen the same thing here. All the track inputs that SHOULD be fed by SD2 are greyed out.
FWIW, I am a betatester for Toontrack, I have made them aware of it. I'm trying to determine if it is an issue for other multi-out plugins or is it limited to the Toontrack products.