Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 01-20-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Midi staff notation help...

Hey,

Ive just purchased an Mbox 2 Pro and am having some trouble with Pro Tools le. Could someone point me in the direction where I can find the notation staff for midi? I generally like to drag and drop notes in and cant find how to get the staff up to do this.

If someone could help me with this I would really appreciate it.
cheers
Seb
Old 01-21-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Midi staff notation help...

Hi Seb,

I assume you want to enter MIDI type notes using conventional music notation. I'm also a new PTLE user, and was disappointed to find that I couldn't work this way in PTLE, even though the GarageBand program that came free on my Mac supports music entry and editing in either grid or notation views. The reason I went with PTLE is because GB can't export MIDI files. My current workaround is to enter music using conventional music notation with Finale PrintMusic, export that to MIDI, then import that MIDI file into PTLE. It would be great if a future release of PTLE supported viewing and editing MIDI or instrument tracks in notation view, as well as the grid view. I hope I understood your question correctly, and that this was helpful.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Midi staff notation help...

Quote:
notation staff
That's because there isn't one, although, you can export to Sibelius and back again.

filosofem