Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2001, 01:13 AM

Default Changing channelstrips

Can I take some of the channels out of my Studiomaster 24x12 console and put something like neve or api channelstrips in?
Old 12-05-2001, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Changing channelstrips

I think it may be better to mount the New Channels (Neve, Api , etc ) into a new box or console with it's own power supply and use an Aux or line input or have the StudioMaster modified to give a new input for the add on.

This is all dependant on how many and complex the add ons are going to be. This has all been done before but do your research well before you start.
Old 12-05-2001, 08:32 PM

Hey blake:

Although anything is possible, I would question the reasoning behind such a move.

First of all, there are physical and electronic considerations. It is likely that a severe amount of physical retooling would be required. Power supply issues and I/O connections are sure to become major issues.

Secondly, both API and Neve offer racked versions of their channel strips with correct power supplies and I/O connection.

Lastly, why alter console real estate when you can maintain your existing board and supplement it with outboard versions of the API and Neve channel strips?

Best Regards

In reverant quest of the final db
Old 12-06-2001, 12:41 AM

yeah, that's good advice. i just wanted the feel of having those channells right on the console.
Old 12-08-2001, 12:54 AM

Hey blake:

I do not blame you at all for that! It is always great having Vintage gear on hand!

Best regards