Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2013, 01:27 PM

Default Utility for transferring pro tools files into wav or AIFF (outside of Pro Tools)

Does anyone know of a way or a Utility for transferring pro tools files into wav or AIFF (outside of Pro Tools). I'm on a Mac running 10.9 and have some old pro tools files I can't load in my older version of pro tools.

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2013, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Utility for transferring pro tools files into wav or AIFF (outside of Pro Tools)

The audio files are in the subfolder called "audio files" in the project folder area and should already be in a sound format of some sort. The audio does not get stored in the pro tools project file.. you need the entire directory structure to load the project.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Utility for transferring pro tools files into wav or AIFF (outside of Pro Tools)

I'm assuming you're using PT 11.03 if you are on Mavericks, correct? What version of Pro Tools were these session files created with? Unless the session files are corrupted, you should be able to open them with PT11.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 12-12-2013, 04:50 PM

Maybe they are SD2 files, do current PT versions support them ? If not will Audacity do it ?

Mac Pro 3.3 hexacore
24 gb RAM
Lion
PT 10 HD Native
Old 12-12-2013, 06:53 PM

I just discovered AmadeusPro has a nice batch converter in it and it can handle SDII files.

Amadeus is a nice editor. Not as fluid as Peak (for my workflow) but very nice for after-PT manipulation.